Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Window 10 2009 Out now

Mint 20 is out too. My brother is thinking maybe, I'll wait a bit.....
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    rant all you want . Are you seriously going to state there are ZERO unfixed bugs in older builds ?
    you stated it yourself that 1909 has unfixed bugs, and that was out over a year ago. MS are'nt going to fix an old build when the new one has the previous fixes included.

they still havnt fixed all the bugs in v1909
    I NEVER said 2009 was bug free (please show where that was said), I said older versions still had them going back to W7, and some are fixed during updates /upgrades. Some bugs are sorted in the insider builds, thast why they tell you over and over don't use insider builds as a main OS.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 21-10-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Mint 20 is out too. My brother is thinking maybe, I'll wait a bit.....
    May be a good Idea, mint 20 has been out for a short while now,

Linux Mint 20 was made available to download on June 25 2020.
    On the site, known issues -- Got a few.

https://linuxmint.com/rel_ulyana_cinnamon.php

No worries wifes laptop still hasn't had the 2004 update from May, Asus must be real sluw at issuing the driver updates for it.

With some peoples panic about bugs, here's a list of the Known Issues.

*Devices with affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers might receive a stop error with a blue screen.
    *Devices with affected Conexant ISST audio drivers might receive an error or have issues with Windows 10, version 2004.
    *Users of the Microsoft IME for Japanese or Chinese languages might have issues.
    The key words in those are "Might"

The list of fixes as well as the new alterations as published 4th August 2020, so I'll still go by previous comment that testing has been done and known problems fixed.

https://www.windowscentral.com/windo...20h2-changelog

At the end of the day NO OS manufacture can make it perfect for every piece of hardware /software on every computer.

This is why MS have stopped some upgrades, if a person manually downloads and installs thats not MS's Fault.

Microsoft notes that it has put a compatibility hold on Windows 10 devices with the affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers for the first two issues. If you have a device with these drivers, the Windows 10 October 2020 Update won't be offered to you until the driver has been updated.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 21-10-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    short memory :-)

every time.... a new build comes out
    people RUSH to download & install it
    then some (not all) have alot of issues due to bugs . Every time.

unless there is a good reason to install it,,,,
    its not a race
    dont be the beta tester for MS
    wait till its KNOWN to be bug free .
    wait 2 or 3 weeks

Released to insiders some time back means nothing.
    That hasnt stopped SERIOUS issues with updates in the past, even after the issues were reported by insiders then ignored by MS (cough cough update deletes ondrive files )
    Normally good advice, but in the case of Win10 it was launched over 5 Years ago and still not fixed.

It appears a prerequisite of using it is you need to have the “Patience of Job”.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Normally good advice, but in the case of Win10 it was launched over 5 Years ago and still not fixed.

It appears a prerequisite of using it is you need to have the “Patience of Job”.
    Ya know all OS's give problems and have bugs, W7 still has unfixed bugs, as well as Linux (see link for mint20 in the post by piroska). Then at the end of the mint known Faults list is a link to others since mint is based on Ubuntu.

They state
    As is to be expected, with any release, there are some significant known bugs that users may run into with this release of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. The ones we know about at this point (and some of the workarounds), are documented here so you don't need to spend time reporting these bugs again:
    So nothing is perfect.

So with that in mind, changed 9 computers to 2009 since yesterday and not a single problem, 5 laptops and 4 desktops.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    May be a good Idea, mint 20 has been out for a short while now,

On the site, known issues -- Got a few.
    [/url]

LOL.

Nah, wait a bit longer....less issues when you're patient. After all my 19 isn't having any problems so Rule 1.
    Ex-pctek

LOL.

Nah, wait a bit longer....less issues when you're patient. After all my 19 isn't having any problems so Rule 1.
    Yeah wise move. I installed mint20 on a workshop PC to try and recover some data from a badly corrupted Drive (lots of failed sectors) but after installing there was from memory close to 2GB worth of updates, so left them running, but after restarting it had a real sh1tfit with the graphics, jumping and lovely pixels in random lines LOL Left it a bit longer and it settled down, but on next restart repeat previous actions, so wiped it and put 18 in - ran a lot better, then attached the damaged drive and recovered, (only just)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 22-10-2020 at 03:03 PM.

LOL.

I'm still on 18.0 without a problem so also applying Rule 1. At the present rate of destruction I'll still be on 18 when 30 is released.

However, I still think that in the Destruction Stakes THIS is going to be a hard act to follow.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.