Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Window 10 2009 Out now

Edited to above- the Damn PF1 linux Servers crashed again grrrrrr

The line "its uncommon a MS product installed will fail, if it does its often caused by some other rouge or stray driver" Should have read "its uncommon a MS product installed will fail during install, if it does its often caused by some other rouge or stray driver.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    That s not a good example really -- the Air bags failing ?? OK that's usually caused by a crash of some sort -- So why didn't the person stop in time, was it the cars fault or was it the driver. 99% of the time it would be the driver to some degree, either themselves or someone else, again NOT the cars fault, and whose to say the air bags weren't damaged in the impact causing failure ?
    Umm it's a little more serious than that. Take a look HERE

HTML Code:
    Since you like using the cars so much -- What the answer here --  You go to the service station, you put in Diesel into a petrol car, it causes all problems -- now whose at fault ?? Its not the Car manufacture - Its not diesel Producer -- By your reckoning Cant go blaming the owner as the nozzle still fitted into the tank ?????
    The answer is simple enough. I Stuffed up in your example, but in the case of Win10, complete with updates, and the Airbags, I or the owner played no part.

HTH
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Umm it's a little more serious than that. Take a look HERE

HTML Code:
    Since you like using the cars so much -- What the answer here --  You go to the service station, you put in Diesel into a petrol car, it causes all problems -- now whose at fault ?? Its not the Car manufacture - Its not diesel Producer -- By your reckoning Cant go blaming the owner as the nozzle still fitted into the tank ?????
    The answer is simple enough. I Stuffed up in your example, but in the case of Win10, complete with updates, and the Airbags, I or the owner played no part.

HTH
    The title in the link says it all "TAKATA AIRBAG RECALL" They are the manufactures, and the airbags are in many Brands of cars. Wasn't Nissan who did Started the Recall. They are only doing what they had to do from their Suppliers.

Wainui, you know how evangelical ex smokers get?

Well I have come to the conclusion that B.M. secretly still uses Win10 which is why he will not give help for Linux problems

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Wainui, you know how evangelical ex smokers get?

Well I have come to the conclusion that B.M. secretly still uses Win10 which is why he will not give help for Linux problems
    You could be onto something there Gary

I can almost remember the day BM turned sour , it was shortly after he sent a PM requesting some advise / help, and didn't like the Legal answer relating to the product key supplied.

I normally gravitate to newest Builds quickly but this time i am deliberately delaying because Microsoft has wisely put out a bulletin saying not to manually update but wait for Auto .
    They mention a specific feature Synaptics which they are working on (my Lenovo has it) and will advise when that factor is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    .. because Microsoft has wisely put out a bulletin saying not to manually update but wait for Auto .

this

why the big rush to update . its not a race .
    The sensible thing to do is wait a few weeks & see what chaos it may have caused for others.
    Dont treat your PC like a toy to play around with .

How soon we all forget the MANY issues caused by buggy updates (for some, not all)
    It has even been as bad as loss of documents after a Win update . Yes that happened , and MS were warned it could happen .