Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Election

Default Re: Election

Talking to the Neighbour today, he suggested that Collins Will be rolled in approx a year to be replaced by Christopher Luxon, ( Former CEO of Air NZ- and previously endorsed by John key). Collins brings to much bad baggage with her.

Time will tell.

Just for christs sake lets not give the Greens any cabinet posts and give the conservation seat to someone who will actually talk to all stake holders in the outdoors and not just bow to Twig & Tweet (forest & bird) like Sage has been doing.

Labour and National as well as the Greens have thrown rural communities under the bus.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Just for christs sake lets not give the Greens any cabinet posts and give the conservation seat to someone who will actually talk to all stake holders in the outdoors and not just bow to Twig & Tweet (forest & bird) like Sage has been doing.

Labour and National as well as the Greens have thrown rural communities under the bus.
    I totally agree!

Better to keep on polluting in the name of money then.

Watch out, the kids will vote soon.
    My granddaughter said they had "voting" at school last week, and she picked Greens. She said quite a lot of the kids did.
    I am unsurprised, the young ones care far more, they'll be the ones stuck with the mess.
    Ex-pctek

I wonder how much of a role the News Media played in shaping the election.

When the media are telling everyone that National wont win, thats going to swing alot of voters .
    Even on Thursday , the media were saying the Nats allready had the knives out for Judith Collins and were planing to dump her after the election . Hardly inspires confidence in voters

Nats are stuck in dogma from 20 years ago. The av person didnt give a rats arse about tax cuts that would give them $5 - $10 a week , we knew tax cuts were aimed at the wealthy .
    Again, they failed come to terms with the fact its the middle class average person who would vote them in or out. Its not the big business owners who will get them elected .
    Ignore the average person in favour of ~business~ , loose the election .

I used to quite like the Greens once. I had a lot of time for Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitzsimmons. I had to smile when she was interviewed in the Coromandel once and was saying how we were destroying the environment. When the interview was over she puttered off up the road in her old car that was puffing out fumes. Donald was a genuine bloke who was pretty concerned about the planet.

Of this lot. Shaw seems a genuine bloke but the others don't impress me. They seem to want to take the party away from conservation into the area of social engineering. Really glad on that basis that the Greens may, at the best, may be given a portfolio outside Cabinet to placate them as a possible partner, if needed, in 2026.

Maybe it's just me?

Ken
    Last edited by kenj; 19-10-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Hopefully, Cindy will go it alone and f|_|ck the Greens.......

"If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."

Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage· Jun 12

I agree, but politicians are, if nothing else, practical.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Hopefully, Cindy will go it alone and f|_|ck the Greens.......
    Yeah she might. Listened this Morning on the Breakfast Show -- They said she may consider it as looking at a longer term ( next Election) pays to have some support in the back pocket.

Mind you she may have them in a minor connection, just enough to have them there if needed, then as like one of the Lines in your other post with one word changed ""I brought you into this govt, and I can take you out."" -- here's your list of annoying tasks we cant be bothered with

National under Key had an accord with the Commie greens and got back nothing in return, never even a thank you.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.