Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Election

Default Election

Poor Winston, wonder what he'll do now. He's not saying.
    Bit like that twit in Invercargill, he's lost it (mentally) but refuses to quit. Have to drag him out in a box.........

I am unsurprised, I told my brother she'd win. People go by personality and of course (other than the other one being a bit mouthy) she is the heroine (for some weird reason) having shut down the economy and handed out money to businesses without checking if they needed it, so most voted for her.

She'll lose next time, cause now there is the hard bit....fixing it.
    Not that I think it's her personally or even Labour, it's just very easy to do that and a lot harder to fix, if it had been national in at the time of covid, it would be much the same...except they may not have handed out so much money...
    Ex-pctek

Default Re: Election

He's going to ask for a recount :-)
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Older by the minute

Economically it really was an election that National was wise to lose. Labour has made a mess of the economics, lets see if they can fix it without too much pain to the people at large.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    eggs...xactly. They can bring in 500 MP's if they like, there's still only 3 or 4 of them with an ounce of intellect.

Nothing scares me more than the Greens, and the influence they'll have. Even though Labour doesn't need them, they'll keep them close.

Old guy

The best thing about this result is that Labor now have the numbers to govern on their own and not be held to ransom by any other party. They now get all credit for things that go well and all the blame for those that do not. Piroska's post above sums it up quite well. Bryan's comment is also one I agree with.

I think it was as much about National blowing it as Labour winning it.

You can’t have numerous scandals and incidents and repeatedly use the perpetrators Mental Health as an excuse.

I mean, who wants a consortium of those with Mental Health issues running the country.

Having said that, I suspect there are still some, (undiagnosed as yet), doing just that.

Anyway, I wonder if we’ll get the Christchurch Rebuild sorted now?
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Poor Winston, wonder what he'll do now. He's not saying.
    Bit like that twit in Invercargill, he's lost it (mentally) but refuses to quit. Have to drag him out in a box.........

I am unsurprised, I told my brother she'd win. People go by personality and of course (other than the other one being a bit mouthy) she is the heroine (for some weird reason) having shut down the economy and handed out money to businesses without checking if they needed it, so most voted for her.

Not that I think it's her personally or even Labour, it's just very easy to do that and a lot harder to fix, if it had been national in at the time of covid, it would be much the same...except they may not have handed out so much money...
    agreed.

its going to be an entertaining few years watching labor blunder through it.
    interesting that the greens are so far down, overtaken by act.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post

I mean, who wants a consortium of those with Mental Health issues running the country.
    Ask America

Funny, this forum is very national. Certain others (no not trademe) isn't.

Mess? It would be the same comments if it had been national in during lockdown. Lockdown is what caused the issue.
    Fixing it? You can't short of opening up now, completely. Even then it takes a long time to recover. 3 years? Nope.

I neither blame her nor approve of her.
    Completely anyway.

My problem is I like some policies from various of them (bar the total nutters like that new one) nd hate some of them.

Means I don't like any one party really. There was a slight argument here this morning, my mum and brother don't vote due to religion but like certain MPS. Husband said they can't have an opinion unless they vote...well no...

For instance, Stalin or Hitler? (I know different countries but it's an example). If you pick neither husbands idea is you can't complain, er I disagree.

Whatever.....it will take ages for the economy to recover, WHOEVER is in charge of it.
    Ex-pctek

When National selected their two finest, and offered Collins & Brownlee, the die was cast
    Earlier, Key could see the writing on the wall and jumped, English read the wall notes and jumped, then, a few hospital passes later, they ran the sinking wreck onto the beach.
    Maybe they could amalgamate with Advance? Or Vision
    Last edited by R2x1; 18-10-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.