Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Election

Default Re: Election

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    National under Key had an accord with the Commie greens and got back exactly what he deserved, not even a thank you.
    Fixed that for you.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    ......... Lockdown is what caused the issue.

I neither blame her nor approve of her.
    Completely anyway.
    trouble is most people have forgotten that they caused the lockdown due to their refusal to stop people coming into nz.
    tho its a stroke of genius that i have to applause them for, to dare call the lockdown "go hard and early" when in reality it was late and forced on them due to the woeful measures they had in place.
    by and large the public have been absolutly suckered by it.
    Tweak it till it breaks

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    I had a lot of time for Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitzsimmons.. When the interview was over she puttered off up the road in her old car that was puffing out fumes.
    the Greens may, at the best, may be given a portfolio outside Cabinet to placate them as a possible partner, if needed, in 2026.

)
    LOL. Yes a few aren't mad hippies.
    That is a point with Labour, this time round, but next, they may well lose. In fact I'll be surprised if they don't. So.....

This "save the planet" **** annoys me. The planet does not need saving, it was here long before us and will be long after we're gone.

Save us more like. But humans are basically selfish and stupid. We think because we make things (badly usually) we are in control. We're stuff conditions that are need for our wellbeing is what we will do.

Well if we don't learn and don't stop breeding like flies, we probably deserve to go extinct.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    trouble is most people have forgotten that they caused the lockdown due to their refusal to stop people coming into nz.
    the Nats would have been no better , worse if anything. Nats were allways wanting the boarders opened up more .
    It was a no win situation .

Easy to criticize in hindsight . In theory, could argue the boarders were a risk as far back as December . Should we have had a total lockdown last Dec ?
    Will need to wait a few years to see what the best plan would have been .

Yes we should have shut the borders, but I don't see why we need to lock up the boarders.

Cruise liner, remember!!.

Russian fishermen today!!.

Aussie/Kiwi bubble?, heads should roll here toooo. Only the two Aussie states were in the Aus/NZ bubble, not the whole of Australia.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Economically it really was an election that National was wise to lose. Labour has made a mess of the economics, lets see if they can fix it without too much pain to the people at large.
    Any wise people in National, haha
    Businesses would've filled pockets even more and workers chewing their fingernails.
    "B.M. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else": The working class! Let's make sure we vote next time!

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Easy to criticize in hindsight ......
    well its not hindsight, i originally said that back at the time. in fact the govt was being petitioned by the health sector to closer the border at the time.
    we could very easily see it coming, yet all they did was hand out a pamphlet at the airport. rather laughably old winnie asked everyone overseas to come home as soon as possible, then a day or so later told everyone to stay put and 'shelter in place'.
    they had absolutely no idea of the situation.

no idea if any other party would have done better, it really just comes down to the person at the time.
    Tweak it till it breaks

First time ever I voted labour. "jacka" holyoake will be turning in his grave as I was a junior nat in the 1950's, door knocking for him in southern hawkes bay, it was Pahiatua electorate back then.

The PM has the numbers' and should run the ship with her colleagues' and only ask those greenies for an opinion now and again.

But we all know sh!te hits the fan too often.