Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Bad update Google Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Edge will not work in Linux and even in Windows I do not use Edge
    Actually very shortly Edge will work in Linux. Microsoft are releasing a linux Version.

Didn't know that but the poster was saying use it now which of course won't work yet. Not sure if it might be a spammer anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Actually very shortly Edge will work in Linux. Microsoft are releasing a linux Version.
    Well that would have to be the hardest sell ever.

I’m trying to imagine Linux users “Improving their Browsing Experience” by installing “Edge” and forfeiting all their privacy so Microsoft can monitor what they are doing and bombard them with appropriate and other adds.

Guess who won’t be “Improving their Browsing Experience” with “Edge”.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Well that would have to be the hardest sell ever.

I’m trying to imagine Linux users “Improving their Browsing Experience” by installing “Edge” and forfeiting all their privacy so Microsoft can monitor what they are doing and bombard them with appropriate and other adds.

Guess who won’t be “Improving their Browsing Experience” with “Edge”.
    No Ones asking you to install it. That would only be an excuse to have a ***** about a non existent problem. Edge is based on Chrome, so basically the majority of Add-ons (as an example ) will and do work fine.

Every Browser has problems - Classic example is this Very Thread -- I notice you have not stepped up with your expert knowledge on how to resolve the problem -- Whys that ?? .

No Ones asking you to install it. That would only be an excuse to have a ***** about a non existent problem. Edge is based on Chrome, so basically the majority of Add-ons (as an example ) will and do work fine.

Every Browser has problems - Classic example is this Very Thread -- I notice you have not stepped up with your expert knowledge on how to resolve the problem -- Whys that ?? .
    Well that's not a very good sales pitch and I've heard a few.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Well that's not a very good sales pitch and I've heard a few.
    Not trying to sell anything. Simply stating a fact that software moves on and develops, Apple, Microsoft and Linux all play together.

What was the VERY FIRST wording "No Ones asking you to install it" Are you to thick to comprehend that ?

AND AGAIN I notice when asked a direct question you IGNORE IT. WHY have you not provided the fix for the Problem with Chrome in Linux ?????

Not trying to sell anything. Simply stating a fact that software moves on and develops, Apple, Microsoft and Linux all play together.

What was the VERY FIRST wording "No Ones asking you to install it" Are you to thick to comprehend that ?

AND AGAIN I notice when asked a direct question you IGNORE IT. WHY have you not provided the fix for the Problem with Chrome in Linux ?????
    Oh dear, what I said was Microsoft trying to sell Edge to Linux is the hardest sale ever. Ask the Linus users.

As for asking me to install Edge doesn't deserve a reply.

Oh dear, what I said was Microsoft trying to sell Edge to Linux is the hardest sale ever. Ask the Linus users.

As for asking me to install Edge doesn't deserve a reply.
    Well shows how much you dont know. Linux users have known for years that MS are doing a Chrome based Browser, its just called edge, other than being built for linux its not that different that the already Chrome for Linux, it will just have a LOT more features that the current chrome cant do. It was only confirmed at the latest Ignite Conferance. You want an example - Heres one of MANY quotes from Linux users all similar, its in a picture so it proves its not just made up. Mind you in all fairness the Comments from Other Linux users are not from one eyed ignorant users. MANY people use various OS's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edge on linux.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	10540

Just to cheer you up B.M. Thought you may like to know I'm currently having to do a FULL data recovery on a Linux Based Server System, the RAID is totally toasted and system badly totally corrupted The "fun" bits going to be where to put over 5TB of recovered Data. And guess what - Its windows rescuing it

OH BTW The question you are ignoring is not Edge BUT why have you not supplied an answer to this Thread-- Chrome not working on Linux ?
    Last edited by wainuitech; 14-10-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Now, now, behave!
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------
    "After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch."

Well shows how much you dont know. Linux users have known for years that MS are doing a Chrome based Browser, its just called edge, other than being built for linux its not that different that the already Chrome for Linux, it will just have a LOT more features that the current chrome cant do. It was only confirmed at the latest Ignite Conferance. You want an example - Heres one of MANY quotes from Linux users all similar, its in a picture so it proves its not just made up. Mind you in all fairness the Comments from Other Linux users are not from one eyed ignorant users. MANY people use various OS's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edge on linux.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	10540

Just to cheer you up B.M. Thought you may like to know I'm currently having to do a FULL data recovery on a Linux Based Server System, the RAID is totally toasted and system badly totally corrupted The "fun" bits going to be where to put over 5TB of recovered Data. And guess what - Its windows rescuing it

OH BTW The question you are ignoring is not Edge BUT why have you not supplied an answer to this Thread-- Chrome not working on Linux ?
    What a beautifully orchestrated sales pitch.

Is that your work or Microsoft's?

As for overlooking
    “OH BTW The question you are ignoring is not Edge BUT why have you not supplied an answer to this Thread-- Chrome not working on Linux ?
    I’m sorry, but the answer is stick with Firefox!