Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fibre is activated - but now I appear to have two phone lines!

Quote Originally Posted by CYaBro View Post
    You need to make sure the old incoming copper line is disconnected from the internal phone jacks otherwise you'll have issues.
    If you can find the external termination point you could try opening that up and disconnecting the incoming line, usually a black cable with 4 wires in it - Usually red, white, yellow & black.
    Otherwise one of your internal phone jacks may be where the incoming copper line is so you'd need to unscrew them and have a look.
    Thanks, I'll check that out.
    We are all but temporary files on the great HDD of life.

In our case the old copper was connected to what was then the "master', then on to two other phones, one of which was sited beside where the modem is. Thankfully I was able to disconnect the copper in the house without crawling under the house. I had to change connections to one phone in the ceiling space in the heat of summer (dark green metal tile roof). One of the phones is an old fixed one and two are portable. Quality on all phones is very good.

I think this is what I need - am I right?

The item that you show isn't like ours. I have looked on the PB Tech, and Jaycar websites, the nearest things I can see are cat # YT6082 which is a Rj 45 double adaptor, and cat # YT6056 which is a Rj 12 Modular double adaptor at Jaycar. The one that you show is Rj 45 (I don't know what the difference is). Ours has no cable, I can't remember where it came from other than from a box of plugs, cables, and switches in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucem View Post
    The item that you show isn't like ours. I have looked on the PB Tech, and Jaycar websites, the nearest things I can see are cat # YT6082 which is a Rj 45 double adaptor, and cat # YT6056 which is a Rj 12 Modular double adaptor at Jaycar. The one that you show is Rj 45 (I don't know what the difference is). Ours has no cable, I can't remember where it came from other than from a box of plugs, cables, and switches in my garage.
    I think functionally they are the same. For historical reasons I won't bother you with all my wall receptacles are RJ45. Yours has an old BT plug to go into the wall and the other connectors as you describe. I will end up having an RJ11 at the router with a cable to an RJ45 socket that the splitter will fit, then from the splitter 1 RJ45-RJ11 for the phone and 1 RJ45-RJ45 to go into the wall. That ought to work (he said without a high degree of confidence).
    Last edited by Tony; 10-10-2020 at 11:10 AM.