Default MS Office 2019 Download

I bought the Office Professional Plus 2019 through the Microsoft Home Use Program couple years ago.
    Got the Key in email from MSFT and also a link to download the the 64Bit copy of Office Pro Plus 2019 at that time

I didn't use it at that time but now when I went to use it by attempting to download the full installer, the link is no longer valid.
    It seems like with Office 365 going subscription based, MS has removed all references to the standalone downloads.

Any ideas where I can download it from ? I did search on Microsoft site but not able to find a full installer anywhere
    When click on any download Office link it prompts me to sign into Office online and when I do, it only allows me to download Office 365/subscription version.

Thanks

VoidMaster

Default Re: MS Office 2019 Download

Don't know if this will work but you could try it:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...load_tool.html
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Don't know if this will work but you could try it:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...load_tool.html
    yes it Does work The office 2019 professional is 3.4GB download -Img File.

Quote Originally Posted by learning View Post
    MS has removed all references to the standalone downloads.
    Nope, its still all working , 2019 is still available , downloads are still there . I use them firly often.
    you need to keep GOOD records of all of this , MS login/pass & the install key (see below)
    MS now make it much harder than it ever needed to be

You could download from one of the links above but..
    you will need the install key
    That is not the same as the keycard key that you were sent/given when purchased .
    You get the install key from https://www.office.com/ , sign in . If you dont know the login/pass used to initially get the install key , youre stuffed .

MS have changed the way it handles / gives out install keys .
    You are given a keycard key when you buy it , you cant use that for the install key , you need to go to office.com for the install key.
    Its the most stupid way of doing this, its as if MS are just trying to p%&% us off.

VoidMaster

These people were certainly pissed off by a MS associated error:

"The technical error was caused by some Microsoft Excel data files exceeding the maximum size after they were sent from NHS Test and Trace to Public Health England"

"The BBC has confirmed the missing Covid-19 test data was caused by the ill-thought-out use of Microsoft's Excel software"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54422505
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    These people were certainly pissed off by a MS associated error:
    Actually , that wasnt MS's error :-)
    It was a major Health dept using completely obsolete file format ,and using software that is in no way suitable for that purpose.
    They should have done it properly , designed a database for this, instead of hacking a few sticks together :-)

" because PHE developers opted for Excel's XLS (.xls) file format, which dates back to 2007"
    and we dont know if they choose xls over xlsx because the old PC's that had to use it were perhaps also completely out of date & way past end of life ???
    Last edited by 1101; 07-10-2020 at 10:14 AM.

using completely obsolete file format ,and using software that is in no way suitable for that purpose.
    That happens a LOT in many Businesses and places. Then they blame the software for not doing what its actually not capable of.

There are many types of software that people use, they simply don't update it when there's options to do so.

VoidMaster

MS being the reputable software supplier that they are should have put out an update to the software so that when the 64,001 entry was attempted the error message like "memory full" or "parameters exceeded" or something was displayed then there wouldn't be the problem in the future.

I rest my case, MS is to blame.

VoidMaster

Turns out they weren't using Excel as a data base just sending data from the database using Excel because it is a widely used format which almost everyone has a copy of, they ran into trouble with the 65,000 Row and Column limit when it was exceeded in the data sent via Excel on any given day, all they had to do is split the data into smaller packages and send as more than one not exceeding the 65,000 limit however nobody concerned remembered the limit, and the MS software gave no indication that any limits had been exceeded.

It's limit is 1,000,000 in .xlsx so that might have helped if they had used the more modern version, probably still wouldn't give an error message tho'.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 08-10-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks guys. I will look into the option of alternate downloading. My login associated with purchase is my work email account. So when I login to Office.com now all I see is Office 365 which is what our organization is on now