Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Image you PC

Default Image you PC

I have Acronis True Image 2015 and it won't detect my M.2 Hard Drive which is my C drive. Is there an image software that will imaging my M.2 C drive

Older by the minute

Default Re: Image you PC

I don't know if 2015 has it but have you tried to use the Acronis 64 bit option? Another I use is Aomei (its free). No doubt others will advise during the day.

Try Macrium Reflect Free. https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.

Install it and then make a image to another location. While your at it make the Bootable media.

I wouldn't trust Acronis True Image, not after what happened to a couple of customers of mine several years ago. Which was -- they had been doing regular backups, had a HDD fail went to put the images back, totally corrupted, Acronis didn't want to know saying it was their fault they didn't try the backups
    Last edited by wainuitech; 06-10-2020 at 07:33 AM.

If you use AOMEI there is a option to upgrade to Professional just out 2 days ago

https://www.cheapies.nz/node/25032

Older by the minute

You might get some help from this https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acro...ognized-ti2016

I don't think it's ever a good Idea to use old imaging software, unless you are imaging something of the same vintage (software wise not hardware). Things change, old software doesn't know how to deal with modern practices, or as you discovered new hardware.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Quote Originally Posted by dugimodo View Post
    I don't think it's ever a good Idea to use old imaging software, unless you are imaging something of the same vintage (software wise not hardware). Things change, old software doesn't know how to deal with modern practices, or as you discovered new hardware.
    Couldn't agree more used other imaging software over the years and sooner or later it starts getting to old and stops working, that's why NOW I use the Free Macrium Reflect, its quite often updating to the latest versions and so far has not failed. Mines set on Auto Backups daily to a server. AND the biggie -- ITS FREE

Used to do regular images but since Win10 is so easy to reinstall I don't bother just back up all my data and since I now use a laptop when it dies it will just get replaced.

I have been using the free Macrium Reflect for 203 years now, in my case I run the full backup every month and differential every week to an external HDD.
    I only have Windows and program files etc on that disk, all my data is on a separate disk which I backup monthly using the Backup and Restore(windows 7) program built into the PC to a WD My Cloud.
    I also use MS SyncFolder App to do daily Synch of my Data to the same My Cloud.

I always run a Full Image Backup using Macrium Reflect as well before doing a an major update like to Windows 10 2004.
    I have used the Macrium Reflect Restore Function 3-4 times because of failures in the 2004 updates.

Sometimes the usual "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" has caused other issues on version 1909
    To resolve them I have used the Macrioum Reflect Restore, the latest was just yesterday

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jedsdad View Post
    I have been using the free Macrium Reflect for 203 years now, in my case I run the full backup every month and differential every week to an external HDD.
    I only have Windows and program files etc on that disk, all my data is on a separate disk which I backup monthly using the Backup and Restore(windows 7) program built into the PC to a WD My Cloud.
    I also use MS SyncFolder App to do daily Synch of my Data to the same My Cloud.

I always run a Full Image Backup using Macrium Reflect as well before doing a an major update like to Windows 10 2004.
    I have used the Macrium Reflect Restore Function 3-4 times because of failures in the 2004 updates.

Sometimes the usual "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10" has caused other issues on version 1909
    To resolve them I have used the Macrioum Reflect Restore, the latest was just yesterday
    And what was the Climate like back in 1817 when you first started using Macrium Reflect?