Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Windows 10 mail sync

This wont be of any help, BUT just sent a email from Outlook 2019 using work email to my live.com account. By the time I opened the Windows Mail app it was already there. Sent a reply back from the live.com via the mail app, closed it and again by the time I opened outlook the reply was sitting there as well, so everything was working 100%.

Edited: took me longer to write this out than do the actual task

Thanks for that thought.

I remembered I have a Gmail account so I added it to Mail, linking it with my 2 Hotmails. I then sent a test email from Gmail to Hotmail, then back again. Each time took 10 ~ 15 seconds or so.

A further thought I had... because the issue seems to appear mostly/exclusively 1st thing in the day, could it be to do with realtime internet status. When I boot in the morning the modem is switched on then. Windows fires up much faster than the modem comes online. Does Mail go to sleep if no internet?

Old guy

No Internet = no mail !

This morning I switched on the modem, made my coffee then booted the PC up.... and it was perfect, at least on this occasion. As soon as I reached the desktop, Mail already had the new emails. Clicking refresh was working too, no continuous hunting.

Hoping the solution is this simple.

With the Modem/ Router turned off it has to resync everything again every time you turn it back on. Sometimes it can take a while for everything to "wakeup" And work as normal.

Suggest you leave the Modem/Router turned on 24/7 for a week or so, see if the problem disappears, then you'll know. They use so little amount of power you wouldn't notice on your power Bill.

I always advise to leave them on unless there's some really good reason to turn them off. Had one lady say the lights kept her awake at night, there was a real simple solution -- moved the router to behind the screen - problem solved

So, I did as Wainui suggested and left the modem on for a couple of weeks. It was perfect.
    Then I tried a couple of things..

Switch modem on 60sec before boot... Nope, fail.
    Switch modem on 90sec before boot... Nope, fail.
    Switch modem on 120sec before boot... Yep, that works.

OK,,, so I got to thinking. What if the internet went down, even briefly? Would Mail recover immediately or not.
    The answer is no, but it does eventually recover after quite some time.

So, it seems I'd have to reboot to immediately recover from such a service outage.

I suppose Mail isn't sampling for internet connectivity often enough. It just expects it to be there.

Big thanks to all who responded.