Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Chocolate Fish...........

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Already told you that at the beginning of this thread, #17 to be precise. , Just google search for "asus laptop camera upside down windows 10" the Very 1st result, dated Feb 2020 has the fix.

Same reply told you how to put back the W7 Games your wife likes playing along with the download link.

So instead of mucking about for a week now, you could have sorted both problems in about 5 minutes (literally).

Just remember one thing, before you try with the smart remarks like the quote you better be damn sure I cant reply, and BTW if I don't know something I would say so.
    Well there isn’t anything there that is guaranteed to work, just a heap of try this, or that, and hope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera Win10 Fix.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	10500

But I did get a laugh about Win10 basing its drivers on XP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camera Win10 Fix2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	10501

Well years ago I worked out myself that reinstalling the Win7 driver fixed the problem and every update when they turned the Camera upside down I would reinstall the Win7 driver and turn it back again. However the last Win10 update killed that fix, which really p....d me off.

The arrogance of Microsoft knows no bounds! They take control of your computer without any option to stop their updates wrecking it, they install call-home spyware to “Improve your experience”, then they bombard you with advertisements of all persuasions.

Anyway, SWMBO is happy with her new Linux installation and so am I.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Already told you that at the beginning of this thread, #17 to be precise. , Just google search for "asus laptop camera upside down windows 10" the Very 1st result, dated Feb 2020 has the fix.
    Yes I agree, Google really is the fastest way to find fixes for these problems. I google everything for Linux problems, I just prefix the query with "Linux Kubuntu" or "Linux Manjaro" or whatever Linux distro I am are using. Although I am a member of several Linux forums, it's just way faster to Google a problem ... the only caveat is to watch for answers that are too old as they probably won't work anymore or may cause more problems than you started with . Just my
    "Oh Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system!" - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory.

I like chocolate fish.

Especially the raspberry flavoured ones

Quote Originally Posted by Rod J View Post
    Yes I agree, Google really is the fastest way to find fixes for these problems. I google everything for Linux problems, I just prefix the query with "Linux Kubuntu" or "Linux Manjaro" or whatever Linux distro I am are using. Although I am a member of several Linux forums, it's just way faster to Google a problem ... the only caveat is to watch for answers that are too old as they probably won't work anymore or may cause more problems than you started with . Just my
    That's what a lot of people do.

Many Techs do the same, there's no big secret site with all the Answers and while there are some things you just know from experience (like the W7 Games link / Working) other times you may need to look up the problem and work through the ones that do or don't work.

Basically anything in links I post I've either done it before OR at least try it, and if not sure will say so. Like B.M's Camera, while I don't have an old ASUS to try it on (newer ones are not affected), I DID download one of the Options and managed to turn my own Camera in Skype upside down, sideways etc before posting the suggestion.

@ BM

they install call-home spyware to “Improve your experience”, then they bombard you with advertisements of all persuasions.
    You DO know that they can all be turned off Eh I've mentioned its countless times how to do it, so not going to repeat myself again. Sorry but theres no Spoon big enough to Spoon feed you every tiny little thing.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 11-09-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I like chocolate fish.

Especially the raspberry flavoured ones
    SNAP

As I have said before in some Tony minds the answer to every world problem is mint18, then you just wait for the bleating to start. Reminds me I did see some wild goats today and I thought of mint18

@ BM

You DO know that they can all be turned off Eh I've mentioned its countless times how to do it, so not going to repeat myself again. Sorry but theres no Spoon big enough to Spoon feed you every tiny little thing.
    Yes, I am aware and can be turned off and can confirm they have been. For good!
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Yes, I am aware and can be turned off and can confirm they have been. For good!
    Very Good, As long as you're happy.

OH BTW you may like my new Signature

Very Good, As long as you're happy.

OH BTW you may like my new Signature
    Very clever, just made yourself a real Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Very clever, just made yourself a real Turkey.
    You're the one who typed it in your own reply - Post 34.

You see you have a habit of not answering legit questions when they get to hard for you, yet are quite happy to try and stir up trouble.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 13-09-2020 at 09:03 PM.