Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 110
  1. #91
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    4,851

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Lockdowns have not achieved anything to prevent the virus anywhere else in the world. Why should we expect it to be any different here?
    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    It is far to late to worry about that. You can guarantee that if we tested the entire population that cases would be found all over the place most of which would be unknown to those who have it.

    The whole business is just about politicians trying to be seen to be doing something. Unfortunately they are killing the economy in the process.

    Having said that I am in full agreement with those who feel unwell staying at home and for everyone to follow common sense hygiene procedures. Exactly the way that we should always behave to avoid passing on or catching any disease.
    sounds like your just trolling.

    lockdown wiped convid out of nz the first time around. lockdown can work perfectly fine.
    the lockdowns overseas are not there to stop covid. they are simply to slow it down enough that hospitals etc can cope.
    reinfection through the borders is a different ball game and shouldn't happen if the govt wasn't so stupid.

    covid is most certainly not all over the place. it spreads well enough that it doesn't take long before someone reports it or ends up in hospital with it. which is exactly whats happened with this little outbreak.
    common sense hygiene will not stop covid, simply because we interact with people far to much, even if we do not realize it. this is what enables a lot of diseases, otherwise things like colds etc would not exist.
    only way to stop the spread is to stop the person to person interaction, ie lockdown.

    you say for people to stay home if they feel unwell, trouble with that is ovid spreads before a person feels sick. thats assuming they even feel sick at all. so they have already passed it on before they can do anything about it.

    i'm sorry but everything you have said so far has shown complete lack of understanding of covid and the situation at hand. don't feel bad because thats fairly common. i deal with diseases and quarantines regularly so its not new to me.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  2. #92
    Old guy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,634

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    sounds like your just trolling.

    lockdown wiped convid out of nz the first time around. lockdown can work perfectly fine.
    the lockdowns overseas are not there to stop covid. they are simply to slow it down enough that hospitals etc can cope.
    reinfection through the borders is a different ball game and shouldn't happen if the govt wasn't so stupid.

    covid is most certainly not all over the place. it spreads well enough that it doesn't take long before someone reports it or ends up in hospital with it. which is exactly whats happened with this little outbreak.
    common sense hygiene will not stop covid, simply because we interact with people far to much, even if we do not realize it. this is what enables a lot of diseases, otherwise things like colds etc would not exist.
    only way to stop the spread is to stop the person to person interaction, ie lockdown.

    you say for people to stay home if they feel unwell, trouble with that is ovid spreads before a person feels sick. thats assuming they even feel sick at all. so they have already passed it on before they can do anything about it.

    i'm sorry but everything you have said so far has shown complete lack of understanding of covid and the situation at hand. don't feel bad because thats fairly common. i deal with diseases and quarantines regularly so its not new to me.
    Read through your own post. What you are saying is very much in agreement with my take on the matter.

    Just a little bit of history. If we were successful in eliminating Covid what to you think would happen when it did come back in the future and it would?
    It did not work out too well for the native populations in the new world couple of 100 years ago when they became exposed to diseases from the rest of the world that they had not been exposed to before.

    Incidentaly I never have a problem with someone having an opinion that differs from mine. In fact it would be a very boring world if we all thought the same

  3. #93
    Short Member pcuser42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pukekohe Shuttle
    Posts
    10,078

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    sounds like your just trolling.


    Either we lock down and screw over the economy, or don't lock down and screw over the economy, the health of the general public and the health system.

    Seems like an easy choice to me.
    "He who resorts to personal insults hath lost the argument."

    Twitter

  4. #94
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    4,851

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Read through your own post. What you are saying is very much in agreement with my take on the matter.
    absolutely not in agreement whatsoever.
    ........ when it did come back in the future and it would?
    that doesn't make any sense. you have your past, present and future all mixed up together.
    It did not work out too well for the native populations in the new world couple of 100 years ago when they became exposed to diseases from the rest of the world that they had not been exposed to before.
    whats that got to do with the current situation?
    people have spread diseases around the world through contact with each other. tho we are a lot better at these days.


    if your thinking along the lines that we eradicate covid from the planet, it will still just come back from its original source therefore its all a waste of time.
    i say thats incorrect. highly unlikely it would come back from its source. whats more likely is its cousin will emerge at some point in time.
    what it would do is unknown and when that will be is unknown.

    the other issue is that we eradicate from NZ or even all the first world nations, but it still does the rounds in third world countries.
    that situation actually exists today for many other diseases so i don't see that being such a big deal.
    odds are covid will be just end up being another disease we get shots for. with any luck it may just burn it self out over time.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  5. #95
    tweakedgeek tweak'e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    winterlessnorth (well almost)
    Posts
    4,851

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post


    Either we lock down and screw over the economy, or don't lock down and screw over the economy, the health of the general public and the health system.

    Seems like an easy choice to me.
    even easier choice was to shut down all people coming into NZ and avoid a lockdown in the first place.
    a blind man could see the storm coming.
    Tweak it till it breaks

  6. #96
    Wrinkly Member! B.M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Mount Maunganui
    Posts
    7,539

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Quote Originally Posted by pcuser42 View Post


    Either we lock down and screw over the economy, or don't lock down and screw over the economy, the health of the general public and the health system.

    Seems like an easy choice to me.

    Well said.

    Having thousands sick sure as hell won't fix the economy.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    .
    .
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

  7. #97
    Old guy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,634

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    absolutely not in agreement whatsoever.

    that doesn't make any sense. you have your past, present and future all mixed up together.

    whats that got to do with the current situation?
    people have spread diseases around the world through contact with each other. tho we are a lot better at these days.


    if your thinking along the lines that we eradicate covid from the planet, it will still just come back from its original source therefore its all a waste of time.
    i say thats incorrect. highly unlikely it would come back from its source. whats more likely is its cousin will emerge at some point in time.
    what it would do is unknown and when that will be is unknown.

    the other issue is that we eradicate from NZ or even all the first world nations, but it still does the rounds in third world countries.
    that situation actually exists today for many other diseases so i don't see that being such a big deal.
    odds are covid will be just end up being another disease we get shots for. with any luck it may just burn it self out over time.
    That post is just word salad! In no way does it address the argument. Also if you are going to pick holes in my misuse of past, present and future it would be a good idea to sort out your own spelling and use of English first.

  8. #98
    Seasoned Member allblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 'Nui
    Posts
    1,716

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Level 2.5 = we should stay at L3 but can't be seen to back down from previous L2 promise.

  9. #99
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    2,682

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    Quote Originally Posted by tweak'e View Post
    sounds like your just trolling.

    lockdown wiped convid out of nz the first time around. lockdown can work perfectly fine.
    .
    Actually there is an article about Taiwan today in the news.
    24 million people, 500 odd cases, 7 deaths. No lockdowns, economy increased 2 %.

    So no, it isn't necessary.
    They didn't just ignore it

    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/15/how-...ronavirus.html

    If you want the details....
    Ex-pctek

  10. #100
    Member Zippity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Capital City
    Posts
    4,366

    Default Re: Auckland back to level 3

    The Commies are winning.

    More Aucklanders will die.

    God Save the rest of New Zealand!

    Am I sounding like prefect yet?

    "If Fawlty Towers is now being removed by the BBC then humour is dead. The puritans are winning because the establishment is weak and has no self confidence."


    Nigel Farage@Nigel_Farage∑ Jun 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22-01-2011, 11:56 PM
  3. Back from Auckland
    By Nomad in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:41 AM
  4. This Is The Only Level
    By bob_doe_nz in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-08-2009, 04:58 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •