Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Email to muliple addresses

I have a mailing list for a cycling group with 190 members. I used to be able to mailout to them notifications of upcoming events etc. with no problems. Lately my messages are coming back "too many addresses" A workaround was to split the list into two halves. Now it has come back and anything over 10 addressees is too many. I know the ISP is trying to cut down on spammers but I am not one. At 10 messages a time the event I was notifying of cancellation would have had people turning up at the startline before they had been told it was cancelled. (ISP is 2 degrees but I think they 'buy' the service)

Second problem: Is there anywhere I can store this mailing list. The list in on my desktop and I am using thunderbird. NO-ONE has any access to it. If I were to pop my clogs, fall off my perch, someone would have to go right back to square one and start collecting addresses.Is there anywhere where I could store these addresses where others could have access. Printing out the list from Tbird would need a whole ream of paper because Tbird prints out all the blank spaces from all the statistics it holds for each address.

Default Re: Email to muliple addresses

Shouldn't the cycling club admin members have a list somewhere?
    Well they should.

Why not txt them notifications like cancellations or delays.

I'd just send more than one email, split it.
    Ex-pctek

Do you have a gmail address? They allow up to 500 email recipients. If not, make an account, import your mailing list and use the web interface to send your emails. You can also arrange the account to be accessed by a trusted person so the mailing list isn't lost. This is what I have done for a gym club. All important documents are also backed up in the G drive, again so someone can access the account and retrieve the files.

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Shouldn't the cycling club admin members have a list somewhere?
    Well they should.

Why not txt them notifications like cancellations or delays.

I'd just send more than one email, split it.
    The cycling 'club' as such doesn't exist. no admin,no president, no treasurer, no nothing, just me and 60 to 80 people who randomly turn up each week, to the same place to ride. I run it as a benevolent, semi-dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Do you have a gmail address? They allow up to 500 email recipients. If not, make an account, import your mailing list and use the web interface to send your emails. You can also arrange the account to be accessed by a trusted person so the mailing list isn't lost. This is what I have done for a gym club. All important documents are also backed up in the G drive, again so someone can access the account and retrieve the files.
    That sounds like the line I could follow. I just need to bypass the ISP blocking the multiple mailouts.

Old guy

Try asking about or searching for your problem in the Geek zone 2 Degrees forum here https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=85
    There should be someone there who can help.

Quote Originally Posted by bugalugs67 View Post
    The cycling 'club' as such doesn't exist. no admin,no president, no treasurer, no nothing, just me and 60 to 80 people who randomly turn up each week, to the same place to ride. I run it as a benevolent, semi-dictatorship.
    I'd still share the list with at least one other.
    Ex-pctek

That sounds like the line I could follow. I just need to bypass the ISP blocking the multiple mailouts.
    By doing it online via the web access, you don't have to pass through your ISP to actually send the emails.

I have a mailing list for a cycling group with 190 members. I used to be able to mailout to them notifications of upcoming events etc. with no problems. .
    options
    gmail a/c : setup an email adress for this cycle group . You can store the email list in google drive as a backup.
    send via smtp2go or just send via gmail , or mailchimp
    send the emails one by one (dont know how but will be a way to automate this)

However ,you might eventually get issues with mass mailouts being blocked by the recipients email filter .

or
    setup a vibre group and a facebook group. For 190 members , a FB group or vibre group works really well , so you can all keep in touch & quickly organise (or cancel) group rides
    This is how we organise meetups in a hobby club I'm in .

We have a messenger group at work and a What's app group for our LandSAR both work extremely well as does a viber group but it does of course rely on all members agreeing as to which one to use.