Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Masks

  1. #11
    Junior Member ManUFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Greymouth
    Posts
    237

    Talking Re: Masks

    Got i! - very good.

  2. #12
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    2,592

    Default Re: Masks

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    This whole business is mostly politics rather than health related.
    Agree with that.

    Yes Kenj, good joke....
    Ex-pctek

  3. #13
    Senior Member paulw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Auckland / Tauranga
    Posts
    4,042

    Default Re: Masks

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    This whole business is mostly politics rather than health related.
    Yep. The government is moving into Fear factor mode for the elections.
    Regards,

    Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

  4. #14
    VoidMaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,138

    Default Re: Masks

    Yes if National was in power they would have opened up the borders already, actually I doubt if they would have even closed them in the first place, probably would have decided to go for "herd immunity".

    the national party (lower case deliberate) is all about and only about money and staying in power. Not to be trusted unlike wonderful Jacinda and our Labour Party.

    Power to the people f... the bosses.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 07-08-2020 at 11:21 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

  5. #15
    Senior Member 1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,802

    Default Re: Masks

    Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Yes if National was in power they would have opened up the borders already if they would have even closed them in the first place, the national party (lower case deliberate) is all about and only about money and staying in power.
    Nats possibly would never have closed the boarders in the first place.
    Under Nat, we would have been in the same position as Aus with covid hotspots popping up all over the place(possibly worse) , and a then an overrun health system that just couldn't cope .
    A covid outbreak would clear out the morbidly obese/diabetics in 1 fell swoop , but god help you if you needed a hospital visit for any other reason .

    every Political party is ~only about staying in power~ , rather than doing whats best in the long term .
    Hence labors 3 yearly lolly scramble promising free money & freebies to buy votes .
    Both parties as bad as each other, for different reasons .

    Jacinda CANT be trusted . A lie by omission is still a lie .
    We dont want a hugger as a leader , we need an arse kicker .
    Last edited by 1101; 07-08-2020 at 11:31 AM.

  6. #16
    VoidMaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    6,138

    Default Re: Masks

    "we need an arse kicker"

    we've had plenty of them and they've all been useless.

    I know from experience that if you want to run a successful project then don't let any middle or upper level management anywhere near the place of action, this includes lawyers and accountants, they just get in the way and inhibit progress, they will all want to turn up later to claim ownership and agency after the storm of creation is over.

    The running of a country is a continuous project that never stops you want to keep all the rule followers and pen-pushers as far away as possible, forgot to mention: and the greedy money-grubbers.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 07-08-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

  7. #17
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    2,592

    Default Re: Masks

    Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post

    I know from experience that if you want to run a successful project then don't let any middle or upper level management anywhere near the place of action,
    I did some contracting on the Akld Council IT project. It was run by a IT crowd, Council paid who knows what to them, they paid who knows what to the HR place, and HR place paid me, and others. You can bet the difference between what I got and what council paid was considerably different....

    And my god was it the most inefficient joke I'd ever seen, and I have seen some crap in large organizations.

    They thought I was weird for complaining. have a lunch break they said, but I've already been I'd say, they said oh but that was official lunch, now it's unofficial lunch. Or go home now....

    I was the only one who wrote my hours worked accurately, and even the HR place said just make 8 even if it wasn't.
    And who paid ultimately? We did, as ratepayers.

    Couldn't stand it after a while, quit and went to Webdrive...at least I knew that was actual work and busy. Not this sitting on your arse dragging things out.
    Ex-pctek

  8. #18
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    2,592

    Default Re: Masks

    And at the DHB I worked once, a laptop was stolen one day, from a nurses office.
    Lock it down they said.

    How? Oh by the asset number they said. And where do we find the asset number? Apart from sticker on bottom of item….

    Er…...nowhere.
    Do we not have serial number, model number, location, person who has it, mac address or any such in database? Er...no.

    And locking it down prevents them getting into it with nurses passwords, right? Right. Which they stick on the laptop with post it notes…

    And I got in the poo one day for not bumping one job to head of queue. Marked VIP I was told (except it wasn’t), this was one of the CEO types.

    Meanwhile one er doc rang me every day for 2 weeks, is my account done yet he’d ask.
    And I couldn’t do it either...it had to go to the one person who set up new accounts, logins and such. One. In the entire place.

    Who sat in front of me working through his pile….I could see the paperwork…
    This doc could not admit anyone, discharge anyone, order blood tests or any other tests, view results, nothing.

    How are you managing I asked on week 2? He’d grab someone passing by and ask them to log in he said. If he could find someone. And they had the right access.

    After week 2 his paperwork vanished never to be found again, and he had to redo it. This involved not only filling it out, but submitting it to 2 other people in his dept to be signed off, then to my boss for signing, then rejoining the pile. The bottom of the pile.

    So people, you know how you sit there for ages in hospitals, slowly dying, while you wonder where the doc is...well he’s running round the building looking for someone to log him in to the system.
    Ex-pctek

  9. #19
    Old guy
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,609

    Default Re: Masks

    Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    And at the DHB I worked once, a laptop was stolen one day, from a nurses office.
    Lock it down they said.

    How? Oh by the asset number they said. And where do we find the asset number? Apart from sticker on bottom of item….

    Er…...nowhere.
    Do we not have serial number, model number, location, person who has it, mac address or any such in database? Er...no.

    And locking it down prevents them getting into it with nurses passwords, right? Right. Which they stick on the laptop with post it notes…

    And I got in the poo one day for not bumping one job to head of queue. Marked VIP I was told (except it wasn’t), this was one of the CEO types.

    Meanwhile one er doc rang me every day for 2 weeks, is my account done yet he’d ask.
    And I couldn’t do it either...it had to go to the one person who set up new accounts, logins and such. One. In the entire place.

    Who sat in front of me working through his pile….I could see the paperwork…
    This doc could not admit anyone, discharge anyone, order blood tests or any other tests, view results, nothing.

    How are you managing I asked on week 2? He’d grab someone passing by and ask them to log in he said. If he could find someone. And they had the right access.

    After week 2 his paperwork vanished never to be found again, and he had to redo it. This involved not only filling it out, but submitting it to 2 other people in his dept to be signed off, then to my boss for signing, then rejoining the pile. The bottom of the pile.

    So people, you know how you sit there for ages in hospitals, slowly dying, while you wonder where the doc is...well he’s running round the building looking for someone to log him in to the system.
    That reads like a Monty Python script.

  10. #20
    Senior Member piroska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    With Kim-Jong-Mum
    Posts
    2,592

    Default Re: Masks

    Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    That reads like a Monty Python script.
    Yes, but it's sadly true.
    Ex-pctek

Similar Threads

  1. Face masks
    By bk T in forum PC World Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-03-2020, 07:47 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-04-2007, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •