Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outlook

Default Outlook

Is someone able to explain to me in language I can understand, why Microsoft have several "Outlooks". I have Outlook.com 'Free personal email and calendar' which I gather was previously Hotmail. This works as my email program, and seems OK. Then in Microsoft (Office) 365 I also have an email program called Outlook, which will not work whatever I try, and is in a totally different format, to the extent that it seems to be a totally different product. Very confusing.
    How then do I get the 365 Outlook to work as well, so I can send mail from Word? Any ideas and suggestions?

Default Re: Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ... why Microsoft have several "Outlooks". ....
    because MS can do whatever they want . And they do , somtimes without really caring what customers actually wanted .

All these Outlooks do cause alot of confusion .

Outlook.com , thats the free email from MS (like a new hotmail)

Outlook365 , Outlook2019 , Outlook2016 etc. Thats an email program . An app to download ,send receive emails . Sort of like the Old Outlook Express or Like Thunderbird
    It also has calendar function (scheduling , popup reminders, todo reminders) .

Outlook365,2019 etc is alot more powerfull if used with company email(exchange) a/c setups . You can then easily share calandars, share inboxes & draft folders , send as another user etc

How then do I get the 365 Outlook to work as well, so I can send mail from Word? Any ideas and suggestions?
    try this :

Save your document one more time.
    Click the File tab.
    Choose the Share command.
    Choose the E-Mail item found under the Share heading.
    Click the Send As Attachment button. At this point, Outlook takes over, and you compose your email message. When you send the message, your Word document is sent along as well.
    Sometimes it doesn't work if you are not using a Microsoft Account (Eg: Spark) not to sure about Gmail.

"How then do I get the 365 Outlook to work as well"

Is your email setup in Outlook *|& Outtlook installed on the PC . If yes..
    Go to Win10 settings (the gear icon) , apps , default apps, change email default app to Outlook

Or use Gmail.
    And Thunderbird.....LOL.
    Ex-pctek

I mostly just use webmail, personally makes my life much easier. the only thing I miss is the Send to mail recipient option, but you can just drag and drop into Gmail which is almost as easy.

But if you can't get Outlook to work the windows 10 default mail client while a little basic seems to work ok for me. I think it's just called mail. Don't tell microsoft or they probably rename it to outlook as well.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Delete Win 10, (Like using a "get out of jail free" card. Install an OS, (almost anything except possibly Win M.E. will be an upgrade) then put in programs you have sovereignty over and relax for a few extra hours each and every week.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by R2x1 View Post
    Delete Win 10, (Like using a "get out of jail free" card. Install an OS, (almost anything except possibly Win M.E. will be an upgrade) then put in programs you have sovereignty over and relax for a few extra hours each and every week.
    Bloody hell W10's been out for 5 years and you still cant work a basic OS. W10 is basically the same layout and workings as W7. If someone cant install a program then perhaps stay with using your Android Ph.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Bloody hell W10's been out for 5 years and you still cant work a basic OS.
    I think you mean that Win10 has been out 5 years and they still can't get it to work properly.

You should have heard the wife the other day (you may well have) after a Winwoes update had turned her image on Skype upside down again and wiped all her games again. Mind you, it took about four hours to do it.

But it got better, because reinstalling the Win7 webcam driver is no longer a fix.

The games, well they have disappeared without trace with a couple of updates and don't really matter.

However, I'm dining out at the moment asking her friends on Skype what they think of her taking up yoga.

Personally, the best thing I've ever done with computers, is dumping Winwoes and going with Linux Mint.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You do know you can reinstall the Windows 7 Games ( if they are the ones your wife plays) I do it for many people.

Windows 7 software wont always work on other Systems. Then again some software does, I'm using a docking software that was free at start of XP - no problems at all.

Personally, the best thing I've ever done with computers, is dumping Winwoes and going with Linux Mint
    You got that camera working yet that you were having endless problems with and no one could help ?