Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Default Re: Charging expats for quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post

Its idiots like these that are the reason some country's are in so much of the brown stuff.

They are? I thought it was shutting down the economy that caused that. The loss of tourism, loss of jobs etc.
    Ex-pctek

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    They are? I thought it was shutting down the economy that caused that. The loss of tourism, loss of jobs etc.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    The economy shuts down due to having to be in lockdowns, and people not going about their daily business. Don't know what the shops in Auckland are like but here in Wellington its basically business as usual, people going to cafes, buying from shops - traffic a nightmare etc.

If some idiots break out and start infecting everyone ( we all know how it spreads) then that city could be shut down to contain it, and for what - just one or two self-righteous pricks. Paul, in post #68 said it nicely.

VoidMaster

We are making it far too easy for potentially sick people to get into the country when they are coming from plague infected places:-

"Ships arriving in Venice from infected ports were required to sit at anchor for 40 days before landing. This practice, called quarantine, was derived from the Italian words quaranta giorni which mean 40 days"

We are playing Russian Roulette with our own lives.

Keeping the economy going whilst sacrificing the lives of citizens is criminal and the leaders that are doing it/have done it should be punished severely.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    We are making it far too easy for potentially sick people to get into the country when they are coming from plague infected places:-

THAT says it all.

I see on the news this morning the idiots jumping the fetch are being charged in Court today Make an example of them.

This is also why a quarantine at home wont work. " I'll just duck down to the shops to pick up a few things - it will be fine"

The way I see it is if even half your workforce is off sick, your economy is pretty much stuffed anyway.

Therefore, I support the governments actions to keep the virus out, at least until we have a vaccine.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    THAT says it all.

I see on the news this morning the idiots jumping the fetch are being charged in Court today Make an example of them.

This is also why a quarantine at home wont work. " I'll just duck down to the shops to pick up a few things - it will be fine"
    I believe that they came from Brisbane for a funeral here so send them back on the next plane and let the Ozzies worry about them.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Plague? How dramatic. It';s hardly plague....that wiped out 1/2 the population, dead piled up in the streets, mass graves were dug etc.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    I believe that they came from Brisbane for a funeral here so send them back on the next plane and let the Ozzies worry about them.
    Funny you say that.

From Another article on Stuff:

She said the children had watched their father take his last breaths on a video call after hearing of his stroke.

Air New Zealand arranged a compassionate flight for the family from Brisbane to Auckland on July 21.

All up, airfares there and back cost them $9000, a Gofundme page set up by one of the daughters said.

Quote Originally Posted by paulw View Post
    More like a tangi.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.