Page 1 of 11 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Well that didn't last long Nationals up the creek with no Leader

Todd Muller resigns!!! That didn't last long.

Talk about rats leaving a sinking ship

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...national-party

Default Re: Well that didn't last long Nationals up the creek with no Leader

LOL, surprised? I'm not. He couldn't handle it.
    Bet Paula Benefit is pissed off she quit now...
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

Yes a reflection of the philosophically bereft of ideas nature of the National Party except for the idea of chasing after money to the detriment of everything else as if that is a raison d'etre.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Older by the minute

Who would want to win this election anyway. The Reds have well and truly over spent, let's see if they can fix it, I greatly doubt that they can. Tighten your belts very tightly folks, it's going to be a rough ride.
    Last edited by Bryan; 14-07-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Who's going to be silly enough to take the job. A poison chalice
    Chances are labor will win , the Nat leader will be chucked out soon after

Even if Nat do win, they are taking over an unfixable mess. 8 years of decline , +covid . +out of control Govt debt . + out of control Local council debt .
    The real Nats leader will be waiting till after the election .

Wonder how long it will take to find "The Smoking Gun"?
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Who would want to win this election anyway. The Reds have well and truly over spent, let's see if they can fix it, I greatly doubt that they can. Tighten your belts very tightly folks, it's going to be a rough ride.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Who's going to be silly enough to take the job. A poison chalice
    Chances are labor will win , the Nat leader will be chucked out soon after

Even if Nat do win, they are taking over an unfixable mess. 8 years of decline , +covid . +out of control Govt debt . + out of control Local council debt .
    The real Nats leader will be waiting till after the election .
    Judith, her time will come
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Knew that would be the whine this time round. Now imagine if National had been in...they would what? Not pay wage subsidies? Not shut the country down? They would have been the ones accused of spending and debt causing.
    yep it IS a financial disaster....but without doing the same as Sweden (which I agreed with) there you go...end result.
    Ex-pctek

Comment from The BFD:

"For the National Party, the question is now a huge one: Who is to lead them into the election? Thereís always been much touting on this site for Judith Collins. Iím not going to debate Ms Collins abilities, we know what they are. I have a lot of respect for Judith Collins but the chalice is so poisoned, if I was her Iíd be hiding out somewhere in the back country until this is all over. Except that in reality, SHE IS ALL THEY HAVE."
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Several commentators have included Ilam's failed woodwork teacher as one of the candidates! Bwahaha!

The other day Muller claimed Brownlee rebuilt ChCh! On a par with Trump claiming Obama is responsible for stopping testing for COVID-19! These idiots only have a passing acquaintance with the truth.