Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Well that didn't last long Nationals up the creek with no Leader

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    ... You can find an expert/scientist to come up with any conclusion you desire. ...

Thats because the 'experts' are human.
    The experts suffer from the same biases, stubbonness & dogma as everyone else .
    I guess we need to take some sort of average/consensus expert opinion . Media prefer expert opinions that sell newspapers/get clicks so its a bit hard to judge what the consensus expert opinion is

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    The experts suffer from the same biases, stubbonness & dogma as everyone else .
    I guess we need to take some sort of average/consensus expert opinion .
    What we need is a clear logical thought process on a few dead mostly old people vs the state of the economies and subsequent business failures and job losses without becoming hysterical children.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    What we need is a clear logical thought process on a few dead mostly old people vs the state of the economies and subsequent business failures and job losses without becoming hysterical children.
    Remember when you make a statement about the age of a large percentage of our folk on this forum. I am not ready to cark it yet!

Ken.
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    Remember when you make a statement about the age of a large percentage of our folk on this forum. I am not ready to cark it yet!

Ken.
    I am well into the at risk age group as well. Whilst I also have no desire to depart this earth in the near future I do not belive that destroying the jobs and hopes of younger generations just to keep me alive for a few more years is anything close to a fair trade. Mind you although I am fully supportive of the taking of all sensible health precautions I am definately not hiding under the bed quivering in fear of the wuflu. I have survived far to many forcast disasters in the past 80 years or so to worry to much about the current one.

National have completely disintegrated and the scary part is Mental Health issues is the given reason.

Struth, they could have been running the country in a couple of months. HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    National have completely disintegrated
    Nah.....taking out the trash, getting rid of any and all skeletons in the closets and then watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    Nah.....taking out the trash, getting rid of any and all skeletons in the closets and then watch out!
    Hah! If that was anywhere near true, Brownlee would be long gone. Instead the Tories have promoted him. And Collins of Dirty Politics infamy has smirked her way to the "leadership" of this sorry rump of the Tory Party. I think you jest.

Old guy

Judith - Get the facts sort it out and the idiot is gone all in a few days.
    Jacinda - Cover it all up as long as possible have another inquiry and hope everything is forgotten about then if forced to do something ensure name suppression is enforced and throw a few staffers under the bus along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    It may be an issue with the personality type that will be good at politicing & good at getting to the top (getting elected) , comes with other bad personality traits .

Hopefully, the old boys club mentality is no more .
    And the immature petty dirty politics will now end (people in glass houses sort of thing ) .

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Judith - Get the facts sort it out and the idiot is gone all in a few days.
    NOT QUITE.

Jacinda was notified by email of the offender , saw it was relating to a National MP, she got permission from the sender same day to forward, she forwarded it to Collins, who got it on SATURDAY then Collins sat on it till Monday to give him time to "think about what he had done and the outcome".

What the sender would have been trying to do is get Labor to make a big deal of it Like National does if the roles were reversed. On the breakfast show this morning John Campbell asked Jacinda that exact question, while Jacinda didn't actually acknowledge that's what was tried she hinted it may have been, but she did the right thing by sending to the Leader of the party concerned to sort out their own nest.