Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Well that didn't last long Nationals up the creek with no Leader

Of course the National Party will open the borders they are pro business at all costs, no mind reading involved.
    You got that right 100%, zqwerty, National have already tried to Pressure to open up, and look what happens to other countries when it does, the same would happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    one in particular (cant type most of what he says as it would be all ***** ) but he gives me a hard time and I give it right back.
    bahahahaha...that's me!

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    bahahahaha...that's me!
    No mate its not you ( not with me anyway)

One time the guy called me and I let it go to voice mail, when I rang him back he answered all polite, prim and proper ( normally since he knows my number is what the F** do you want now darling) Well I was giving him a hard time and he couldn't answer normally as he had people with him, BUT once they left he called back you can guess the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post

they are pro business at all costs, no mind reading involved.
    Thats a bit of a worry actually .
    I cant see them doing any sort of temp subsidy to save jobs .

She's said she wont do anything about Rio Tinto closing down the alu smelter. Once those jobs are gone , neither party has a REAL LIFE workable plan about
    what to do with all those loosing their jobs .

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    You got that right 100%, zqwerty, National have already tried to Pressure to open up, and look what happens to other countries when it does, the same would happen here.
    Yes? What? More cases. BUt the deaths have virtually stopped. Cases without death or major problems, is just another virus...of which there are heaps.
    Do we ban travel because people can and do transport all sorts of germs around?
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    Yes? What? More cases. BUt the deaths have virtually stopped. Cases without death or major problems, is just another virus...of which there are heaps.
    Do we ban travel because people can and do transport all sorts of germs around?
    ???
    Covid deaths are increasing in some parts of the world
    "After months of decline, America’s coronavirus death rate begins to rise"
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...917_story.html

Covid isnt just another virus . Its a killer (as are SOME nasty Flu's)
    The issue is how quickly it spreads & how quickly hospitals get overwhelmed . AND the issue of lingering after effects
    the death rate would go up as hospitals no longer had the capacity to cope , as in other countries where doctors literally had to decide who lives & who dies
    Again, just look back to what happened in New York & Italy . Look at Central American countries to see how bad things could get (something hardly mentioned in the news)

We cant stay isolated forever though.
    If covid19 never goes away or mutates into something worse, NZ may be worse off as there will be zero immunity here .

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    2) Please explain Sweden's TOTAL covid deaths compared to NZ.
    NZ isnt Sweden. Just as NZ isnt the US. Its like saying compare impact of covid in the US to compared to NZ
    Compare Sweden to its neighbors .

https://fortune.com/2020/07/16/swede...unity-elusive/
    "Sweden defends its COVID strategy even as the mortality rate surpasses the U.S. and herd immunity remains elusive"

3) Death rate isnt the only factor to worry about . Lets not forget what happened in Italy & New York
    Hospitals completely over-run with covid cases , hospital staff DYING after doing their job , countries building temp hospitals to cope
    No one knows what the death rate for Pacific Islanders & Maori will be , it may not be the same for every race
    Also, death isnt the only bad thing with covid , some survivors will have serious ongoing conditions ( damage to the lungs & throat etc )
    The media is about making money & market share, its not about unbiased reporting & facts . Thats nothing new
    Have a look at this 8 mins Tony Heller vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAHVxDBTb7k

If nothing else it goes to prove that just like Climate Change the Covid Pandemic is confusing and exaggerated by by both politicians and the media. You can find an expert/scientist to come up with any conclusion you desire. Particularly if you are paying them to reach a finding that supports whatever preconceived view you hold.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    Have a look at this 8 mins Tony Heller vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAHVxDBTb7k

If nothing else it goes to prove that just like Climate Change the Covid Pandemic is confusing and exaggerated by by both politicians and the media. You can find an expert/scientist to come up with any conclusion you desire. Particularly if you are paying them to reach a finding that supports whatever preconceived view you hold.
    Quite right Clive, but for me I suggest we keep our borders closed until the “Heard Immunity” protagonists prove their case.

In the meantime we have an enormous opportunity to come out of this smelling of roses and little national debt.

What is it?

Keep the virus out of the Country, promote our Food Products, and provide OUR scientists with funding to find a vaccine. I believe we still have the brains to do it and whilst it may take working with a large Pharmaceutical Company it could clear the National Debt.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Covid 19 isn't as vicious as the Foot 'n Mouth plague sweeping the National Party . Initial symptoms are raucous hysteria at an illusionary elevation, followed by an empty feeling as the elevation is revealed as a road to nowhere, followed by a painful discharge and downward spiral. On observing this cycle, many fellow members of the group abandon their bubble and flee to the provinces.
    Entropy is not what
    it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by R2x1 View Post
    Covid 19 isn't as vicious as the Foot 'n Mouth plague sweeping the National Party . Initial symptoms are raucous hysteria at an illusionary elevation, followed by an empty feeling as the elevation is revealed as a road to nowhere, followed by a painful discharge and downward spiral. On observing this cycle, many fellow members of the group abandon their bubble and flee to the provinces.
    An excellent appraisal of the situation.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.