Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

Default Trying to understand installing GoArt on desktop is making me crazy!

I want to install the GoArt app on my Windows 10 desktop. It seems primarily designed for cellphone use, but can also be used on a desktop.
    In trying to do so, I am advised that I first need to "root" a Blue Stack app - it seems to be because GoArt is Android. Have gone to the Google Store,
    but there does not seem to be a generic Blue Stack. Instead there are multiple choices of all kinds of apps. I am not understanding or missing
    something, but what?
    Affinity Photo 1.8 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    Sumatra for PDF
    Speccy
    AZZ Cardfile

VoidMaster

Default Re: Trying to understand installing GoArt on desktop is making me crazy!

I think you need this:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...luestacks.html

Read the comments before downloading.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Default Re: Trying to understand installing GoArt on desktop is making me crazy!

Not to sure exactly what GoArt does ( fully) but the quick look I had looks like photo effects ??

If it is, try looking on https://giveawayradar.weebly.com/ They have photo editing software all the time. I get lots of free stuff from them. Theres also links near the bottom to other giveaway sites. This way you can use a program thats designed for a Computer not Android
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Birkenhead, North Shore, AK (amongst the bush)

Thanks zquerty - have had a look and see why I should read the comments before downloading. Also, just thought that I should make a restore point before downloading anyway. If I put the app onto more than one device then I will not be synching, at least not for a while. It will be "sometimes" usage.

Thanks also, Wainui. Have had a quick swizz through the linked site and looks very interesting. Will have another look again later. The app is indeed for photo effects. One of many possibles. The reason this one appeals is that a local photographer, one of the very most accomplished amateurs on the shore has recently tried it and his results are amazing!
    Affinity Photo 1.8 (marvellous)
    Lightroom 6
    Nik Collection
    Sumatra for PDF
    Speccy
    AZZ Cardfile

Bluestacks.com (get it at that link) is an android emulator for pc. I have only used it for mobile games because it is far easier to host/spectate and cast from when behind a pc than using a phone.

You will need to also get the GoArt apk file.

Install bluestacks, run it and install the apk file and that should be it. Since it emulates a different machine, moderate pc specs would be needed for a smooth experience.