Default HDMI No Signal_ Intermittent, erratic Go-No Go

Hi. I have a problem that has occured 3 times in past 24 hours. Monitor screen goes dark blue, its LED turns orange from white and on screen displays wording "HDMI no signal"
    First instance was yesterday at about this time (4pm). There is a loud humming/buzzing sound that could be coming from the Logitech Powered sound system speakers, or the Monitors inbuilt speakers.
    I had returned to computer and clicked to play a video from a CNN News Report about the attack by American Riot Police and Military Police at Lafeyete Square in New York. The video started to play and within 5 seconds the image disappeared, buzzing noise started, monitor Power LED was orange.
    Checked Power and HDMI cables were securely connected to monitor and that the HDMI Cable was securely connected to the Asus Prime B450M-A HDMI Socket.
    Pushed the Power button on the Asus Monitor, LED turned white, "HDMI no Signal" appeared onscreen.
    Ctrl+Alt+Del opened Task Manager onscreen.Processes and Performance seemed to be all ok. Resource Monitor seemed to be ok, from what little I know of its use but I couldn't see any obvious issues.
    Closed Task Manager.
    Somehow, onscreen I was presented with my Wallpaper and log in screen. Entered the PIN and had usable Desktop. Opened Edge Browser, clicked to Restore pages that were closed unexpectedly. Went to my FB Page and all was fine for a short time then everything went haywire again. Buzzing, HDMI No Signal, orange monitor LED.
    No amount of cable checking, Monitor Power button pushing or attempting to he Task Manager back onscreen bought any joy and the only option I had was to hold down the computer Power button and Cold kill the computer.
    I had been using the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G APU. Wondering if issue is CPU or APU related. I have an AMD Radeon Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 GPU but that I have not had connected into the computer and used for a couple of months. I considered connecting it but didn't. I wanted to see if I could get the Rig up and running as it was earlier.
    Powered up the computer again, it opened into the Log in screen and then into Desktop but I noticed it was slow to get all Icons in Task Bar visible. Usually I can power on the computer and in 5 seconds I am able to Log in and have a usable Desktop within 8 seconds.
    Approx. an hour after restarting the computer I was thrown to a repeat performance of the HDMI no Signal and buzzing sounds.
    Powered off the computer, gave it a minute then powered it on again. That would have been about 7pm last night and it ran without any issues until I got home from town at 4pm, computer was left running when I went out at 2pm. I clicked on a new FB News Video from "What Now" and the same issues started again.
    I Powered off the Computer, connected the AMD Radeon RX580 GPU, connected the monitors HDMI cable into one of he 2 HDMI Ports of the RX580 GPU, Powered up the computer and have had it running without issues for the past hour and a quarter.
    I will leave things as they are at present to see if I get a repeat of issues using the RX580 GPU and not the Vega Graphics of the Ryzen 5 2400G.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.....Vega Graphics developing an intermittent fault? Drivers gone bad and need to be uninstalled-reinstalled??
    Will see what happens in the next 16 hours. My computer runs 24/7
    Ohhhh by the by..... 3 days ago I swapped out the HDMI cable to my monitor from the Asus Motherboard HDMI Port and connected the HDMI from my TV to the Asus HDMI Port, and it said on tele screen "HDMI No Signal" Just thought I would add that piece of info. That was with the Ryzen 5 2400G supplying the video signal.
    Cheers

Win10 Pro X64 v 2004_Build 19041.264, Ryzen 5 2400G APU, Azus Prime B450M-A, 16GB G Skill FlareX DDR4 @2400MHz, Intel SSDPEKNW512G8, Corsair HX750 PSU, Asus VP248 LCD 75Hz Monitor, AMD Radeon Sapphire Nitro+ RA580 8GB.

afterthought: I will go into Event Viewer and see if some helpful info can be gotten from its records.
    Last edited by kioti; 06-06-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Default Re: HDMI No Signal_ Intermittent, erratic Go-No Go

tl;dr

Hi
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

JOIN THE FREE FORUMS!!!!!!

Approx. an hour after restarting the computer I was thrown to a repeat performance of the HDMI no Signal and buzzing sounds.
    Where is the buzzing coming from, that's a possible indication as to where the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kame View Post
    tl;dr
    tl;dr ???

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Where is the buzzing coming from, that's a possible indication as to where the problem is.
    hi. The buzzing which was very loud I couldn't quite place its origin. The monitor is directly in front of me about18 inches away and the Logitech 3 way speaker system are on the table behind it. I thought it was the speaker system projecting the buzzing and I leaned over monitor to touch them to detect any vibrations but didn't feel anything.
    What I will do is out the RX580, go back to using the Ryzen 5 2400G and HDMI from the Motherboard and wait for the issues to repeat and then detect the source of the buzzing. Hopefully I will not have to wait too long.
    I will post back when I have the required info.
    Cheers.
    I will now do the putting it back to how it how it was when issues started.

Have not had the buzzing sound or HDMI No Signal appear on screen since I reverted to using the Ryzen 5 2400G Vega 11 Graphics. Computer has been on for past 15 hours. I used Device Manager to check the Vega 11 Graphics drivers and attempted update but were informed I have the best and latest drivers installed and they are working as should be.
    Am going out for a few hours. I will leave computer running. Will post if have a recurrence of issues I related in thread.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kioti View Post
    tl;dr ???
    too long;didn't read

Try to be more concise.
    Last edited by feersumendjinn; 07-06-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------
    "After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch."

The buzzing maybe indicating interference. It just so happens speakers are good at picking that up. You have to be sure it's the speakers though, otherwise it could be something more serious internally.

There's 3 possible problems, the cable, the device or the monitor. We have to rule out the monitor however, by testing another HDMI device to it if we can.

Try a new cable, it's probably the easiest thing you could do and if that doesn't solve it then you have to look at the other two culprits.