Question Linux virtual machine QEMU/KVM How to?

I have been trying out the virtual machine which comes with Linux Mint. It is brilliant, very simple to set up, and seems to be compatible with W10, and a swag of Linux Os's'.
    Just a couple of things need seeing to:

How to enlarge the virtual drive after setup?
    How to set up sharing with a partition on the hard drive?
    There is a setting for both USB3, and 2. On 3 it lists the USB, but will not open it. Just a green band at the top of File Explorer in Windows 10 Pro (2040). Works fine on USB2.

Default Re: Linux virtual machine QEMU/KVM How to?

I have not used QEMU/KVM in a long time but normally I would use VirtualBox.

I would assume the type of virtual hard drive you create maybe a reason why you can't resize it? Normally I create a dynamic drive of a certain size. So the drive will grow whenever it needs to. This way I haven't wasted space on a dedicated drive.

Sharing over the network? You would create samba shares as usual. I also think it would already be shared between the host.

I have not used virtual machines in a long time but USB usually had its fair share of issues and in most cases I just avoided it of I could.. It has possibly improved by now

Default Re: Linux virtual machine QEMU/KVM How to?

I managed to enlarge the virtual drive using the Terminal. Its quite a long process.. The instructions are on Google. It supports 2 USB ports, so no need to share a hard drive. It is very simple to set up, ideal for testing distros. I have Windows 10 Pro v2040 on it at the moment.