Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Windows10 version 2004 update

My wife's HP laptop had this update waiting for the past few weeks. Decided to install it on Monday and got to 100% preparing then error. Refreshed the update window and it had vanished and never reappeared. Today the update window says "The Windows 10 May update is on it's way, Once it's ready you'll see the update available on this page" Guess the original update was pulled.
    Regards,

Paul W
    Taco Bell is not a Mexican telephone company

I updated all my 3 desktops, went through fairly smoothly, one was a bit slow, took about an hour to complete.

more bugs , just FYI

2004 issues that Im having to deal with, on a few PC's

SMB1 : 2004 adds a bug if trying to access SMB1 shares (breaks some smb1 shares & mapped drives)
    2004 stops some printers working (fixable, but a pain to fix)

Heres a list of other issues
    https://wccftech.com/and-it-begins-a...n-issues-list/

2004 still too buggy , yet still being spat out onto PC's .

Well, I am lucky that all my PCs are running OK, no issues.

The only thing that annoys me about the update stopping, is when MS scan the computer to see if any of the problems exist, and it then gives the message that the computer is not ready due to one of the bugs, why doesn't it actually tell you what the bug is that's stopping it ? It could be something like the Bluetooth, that is not being used or even a App that could easily be uninstalled. If they are capable of detecting a problem be nice to actually find out what it is.

I have two here that wont update due to "not being ready" but all the others have gone through fine. I'm almost guessing that they may not actually let the update go through on its own and possibly wait till the next release then incorporate and fixes in that (just own opinion)
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bk T View Post
    Well, I am lucky that all my PCs are running OK, no issues.
    Yeah, the issues dont affect everyone.

Ive a client with a business PC thats almost unusable after 2004 , making it very hard for that staffer do actually do his job. He's going to try a rollback to 1909 tonight
    MS dont bug check their updates properly, so never be first to install Winupdates, especially major build updates .

Is it worth updating version 2004 just yet!!.

Just updated my other laptop. Took almost 2 hours to complete from downloading till finish...

Everything works OK.

My laptop HP has it when it came through, my ancient desktop has it too it was the first to get it. Wifes Asus laptop says it isn't ready yet which happened with the last update too.

For what it is worth, my laptop now has it installed, but not by me... I found a prompt to restart to install a Windows update, and so I did a restart, the same as many times before. The result was a desktop I did not recognise, and lots of other problems. I then did a system restore to get back before the Microsoft mess, and then hell truly broke loose. Basically a blue screen rather than a successful system restore. I decided it was then a problem beyond my pay grade and took it to a local PC tech.

Apparently it was quite difficult to get it back running the way it was before. Part of the problem seemed to be my use of Classic Shell; that was uninstalled, and after a few small animals were sacrificed (as far as I know) the laptop and invoice were presented; the former fixed and the latter for my attention. The tech said he installed the latest update when everything was running satisfactorily, and that is 2004, which was probably the update that had caused the shambles. The laptop seems quite slow to start up after it has been shut down but otherwise fine.

Laptop is an ASUS K55V. Judging by my experience, I would be suggesting people should hasten slowly before installing the update.