Thread: For piroska

Default For piroska

https://youtu.be/WUZUSD4477I

From a dog person to a cat person

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Default Re: For piroska

Cats are nosey....

You can be a dog and cat person you know. Couple of friends of mine have both. One always had cats, then they got a dog, rescued....then after the old cats died, got a new cat a year ago...vet had rescued this kitten and kept saying they needed it...the dog (Huntaway) and cat get on fine....cat is the boss. I've seen that....
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post

From a dog person to a cat person

Ken
    Most 'cat people' are really just animal people . We like dogs , cats , wabbits :-)

Only reason I dont have a dog is I know I cant/wont put the dayly effort of long dayly walks .
    And so many dogs stress out when owners are at work all day: bark bark bark bark bark bark bark
    Previous Neighbors gave up on their dog after 6months , after that never taken for walks & shut in the garage while they were at work. It was eventually taken off them .
    I also dont like seeing pet wabbits stuck in tiny cages all their life. What a horrid way to live .

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Most 'cat people' are really just animal people . We like dogs , cats , wabbits :-)
    Hmmm, they're cute. And tasty....
    But too much trouble.

Friend has one, a small variety, gorgeous fur...he is an indoor bunny. House trained. Yes you can if you start when they are young.
    He has a hutch, he goes in to toilet (one part of it) and also when he sleeps. He naps at around 3pm, then sleeps at night in it.
    He has a cardboard um, castle? She makes for him and he chews that to bits, but even so she still had to rabbit proof her house.

They chew everything, he's not so bad now, sticks mainly to his cardboard thing, but still.....

Cats at least go out and bury it. And yes mine do. The stray I rehomed didn't -he used the front lawn....I guess he was avoiding the garden (my cats big loo), they don't like to share the same patch.

But he's rehomed now.
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

If they get separated from their mum too early by accident or given away too young to a new owner there's lots of things they never learn, burying poos is one of them.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    If they get separated from their mum too early by accident or given away too young to a new owner there's lots of things they never learn, burying poos is one of them.
    Cats?
    That's not true. We had 2 cats that were separated from mum at a very young age.
    They learned a dirt box first, then buried it out in the garden.

One was 3 weeks old, not even walking properly yet........she learned.
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

Maybe if they are with other cats, not Mum, they can still learn what to do to be a proper cat, we've known of quite a few that never bury poos, in fact we have one now, Meebo, she is not very good at anything, poor co-ordination, not licking fur properly, not at all agile, and not burying poos. Separated from Mum very young and found in the streets wandering.

We have about 5 cats living next door, all of them chase Meebo, they don't do much of a job of burying poos either.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 30-05-2020 at 10:02 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Cats like soft things to dig in. If no dug over dirt they might not try. Or no dirt at all, they can't excavate lawn.
    That';s more likely the reason.

or...I've seen the big guy do this, dig a massive hole, not like it, make another, poo, then turn and scratch to cover it and miss the second hole, covering the first instead.....
    Ex-pctek