Default Logitech Z313 Speakers Help

I have had this system set up for many years and it worked perfectly. I have just had a change of Viewsonic Monitors and now no sound. The sound control pad is not functioning .

All the plugs are where they should be. I presume with the change of Monitors I have missed something but not sure what. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please.?

Default Re: Logitech Z313 Speakers Help

unplug the Logitech green audio cable from PC
    Touch finger on & off end of plug (only the tip of plug) , you should hear burzp noise from the speakers . If not, speaker system is faulty

Otherwise, did you connect new monitor via HDMI . If yes, Win10 may have decided to try & send all sound to the monitor via hdmi .
    Win10 can be a b&gger by changing default audio device to something you dont want , and and worst can keep changing it . (on some setups)
    Try changing the default audio device in Win10's sound setting (in control panel is easier) & test via control panel : there is a test function in the sound settings

Obvious silly things :-)
    have you tested PC audio with headphones or another speaker
    do the speakers have power, power light on ?
    speakers plugged into correct socket IN THE BACK OF PC (front audio socket may have gone flakey)
    Last edited by 1101; 28-05-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

Otherwise, did you connect new monitor via HDMI . If yes, Win10 may have decided to try & send all sound to the monitor via hdmi .
    Win10 can be a b&gger by changing default audio device to something you dont want , and and worst can keep changing it . (on some setups)
    Try changing the default audio device in Win10's sound setting (in control panel is easier) & test via control panel : there is a test function in the sound settin
    A new monitor here caused exactly this symptom and required exactly this fix. My new monitor does not have speakers but does have a headphone jack and Win 10 decided to send the sound to it.

Thanks to you both. Worked through all the suggestions and it came right. Although I had re-seated all the plugs I obviously didn't have them all in place.

Unfortunately the back of my computer desk is a mass of wires. In my younger days I would have had them all neatly placed but old age restricts me somewhat. Can get down ok but getting back up is a problem. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    Thanks to you both. Worked through all the suggestions and it came right. Although I had re-seated all the plugs I obviously didn't have them all in place.

Unfortunately the back of my computer desk is a mass of wires. In my younger days I would have had them all neatly placed but old age restricts me somewhat. Can get down ok but getting back up is a problem. LOL.
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. Even getting down for lighting the fire now is hell.