Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age is a *****

Default Age is a *****

'Tis with great sadness I have to say that I sold all my DSLR gear and have to admit I shed a couple of tears as our local courier driver took it away to begin it's journey to it's new owners.

The reason for selling is one that each and every one of you will have eventually! As I have posted in the past, age and accidents are starting to take its toll on me........ So, it's gone! finish, the end

I still love my photography but as I think mobile phones are for phone calls I have ordered a Canon G1X Mk3. I had one of the first of these, the G1X Mk 1 in 2012. For all it's drawbacks it was a photographers camera and I loved it. The Mk3 looks like they have sorted some (maybe not all) of the Mk1 problems and have increased the sensor size to the 24MP APS-C. I am looking forward to it arriving. At least if I fall into the creek that I walk along with a mates dog, I won't be dragged to the depths by my bag of DSLR gear.

Please wish me well my friends.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Older by the minute

Default Re: Age is a *****

Well done Ken. We oldies have to slow down as we get older. I do wish you well - stay safe and don't photograph any birds that might object!

Did you sell your little stick with the phosphorus flash tray as well, and your black curtain thing?

Yes, and all the pinhole cameras as well.

Ken

Well Ken, it comes to us all. To console yourself, think of Dr Ebenezer Teichelmann who used to carry those huge wooden cameras and glass plates all over the Southern Alps to take fabulous alpine and mountaineering photos that live on after him. And he was only a wee mon as well.

My dad sold all his pro camera gear years ago, he liked digital cameras...

As for old, I went shopping with my mum, as we came out the door guard said I should be leaning on the trolley, not my mum as look at her....bounding along and look at you....hobbling about.
    Ah yeah....we built a new trellis and frame this morning, and up and down the ladder putting it up and painting it, I fell like I am walking on knives........
    Ex-pctek

Here is some photography for you, young Ken - https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...-amazing-shots

Quote Originally Posted by John H View Post
    Here is some photography for you, young Ken - https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-...-amazing-shots
    Pretty cool John.

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

I don't consider myself old yet at 52 but both knees are shot and my back isn't the best either

I'm damn sore last couple off days...just the cold and arthritis, but feels like knives..........sigh......not even as old as my mum or as arthritisy as her yet...
    Joy.

She says Don't get old. Ah yes but the alternative is?
    Ex-pctek