Default Ryzen 3600x Case

I'm putting in a MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS Motherboard and I can't figure out what would be the best Case for the Ryzen 3600x?

Default Re: Ryzen 3600x Case

Any full size ATX case that you like. Cases really don't matter as much as some people think.

Having said that, finding one with decent cooling (so probably not 3 sided tempered glass) is always an advantage.
    If your budget is tight get a cheaper one. If money isn't so much an object, go wild and get whatever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul62 View Post
    I can't figure out what would be the best Case for the Ryzen 3600x?
    Case? For a cpu??

It doesn't matter.
    What does matter is the case should fit the motherboard size....ie ATX for an ATX board. You couldn't buy a small case (matx) and put a full board in it.
    And the GPU, sometimes, they are long................I had one like that and the HDD bays were too close to the card slot.

Other than that, whatever case takes your fancy.
    Ex-pctek

Cases do matter . Only because some cases are really badly designed

- cases where the Power supply cant be removed with removing the CPU heatsink first
    - cases that arnt designed to easily mount SSD's , requiring mounting adaptors
    - cases HD mount badly desiged in that allmost no room to attach HD cables , where they attatch to the HD is far to close to the cases cover
    - cases where long Gaming vid cards wont fit

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    - cases where the Power supply cant be removed with removing the CPU heatsink first
    - cases that arnt designed to easily mount SSD's , requiring mounting adaptors
    - cases HD mount badly designed in that almost no room to attach HD cables , where they attach to the HD is far to close to the cases cover
    - cases where long Gaming vid cards wont fit
    Never come across the first. BTX cases perhaps.
    SSDs....yes old cases don't have a small HDD bay, a bracket adaptor isn't a big deal at all, used one for my sons last build.

Never come across the third.
    And yes did have the last once, but it was really, really long card. Most aren't stupidly long like that these days.

But other than that, no it doesn't matter. CPU doesn't matter - the cooler and position of BTX PSU may do, but that's not the cpu.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post

Never come across the first.
    Never come across the third.

Both on ATX gaming cases Ive bought . Huge , expensive cases , well known brands . A bit disappointing really .
    I thought a big case would make things easier to install & work on. Nope .

I also hate the screwless cases. Just why, if you don't own a screwdriver you shouldn't be poking around in there .
    With screwless cases I often force screws in regardless , much more secure than stupid plastic clips .

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Have a look at the Corsair Crystal 460X RGB Mid-Tower ATX Case or the Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower ATX Case.

I have the 460X myself, great case, good airflow and plenty of options for cooling configurations (air and water - AIO\custom).

Both of these come with 3 x SP-120 RGB fans which deliver pretty decent cooling without the unbearable noise. Even at 50% they move a good amount of air without making it sound like you're in a wind tunnel.

My only gripes....

• With the 460X the Front panel audio/USB and RGB controls at top of the case gets in the way of comfortably installing a radiator unit from the top. It can be mounted but you will need to spend some time trying to route the FP cables into a very tight bundle so they fit into the space right at the top. In my instance I replaced the standard RGB controller with a Lightning Node Pro so I just clipped the RGB wires (they didn't work with the LNP) so that I could fit my 240mm AIO right at the top.
    • The power supply shroud is a bit awkward and by that I mean it is comprised of 2 overlapping pieces which quite frankly is a PITA because you have to route your cables through it twice (once for each of the pieces.) It would have been better if it was just one single piece IMO. Though if you're not going to be changing motherboards or doing any major work regularly, you're unlikely to have to worry about that once your initial build is complete. If you have the option get a case with a PSU shroud that is one single piece. The 570 has a single piece shroud I believe but is more expensive than the 460.

Choosing a case is important...

1) Get something that isn't too big or to small, so pick the right form factor. Full size towers aren't really a thing nowadays unless you're using a full size ATX board or have plans for multiple hard disks and abnormally long graphics cards. Look into the mid-tower range.
    2) Get a case with at least 2-3 fans included - I went for the 460 because it came with 3 good quality Corsair fans that will do fine even if you're running a mild overclock such as XMP. I have since replaced all the original fans with 3 x ML120s and 2xML140s and 1xLL120. I barely hear them and when I'm gaming the stock fan on my GTX 1660 Super drowns anything out - admittedly the GPU fans are really bad but I got it cheap so not worried about it... upgrades will be coming soon....

Hope that helps a bit.
    Last edited by chiefnz; 18-05-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Asus PRIME Z370-P
    Core i7-8700K @ 5.0GHz (XMP)
    Corsair Hydro H100x
    16GB Klevv BOLT X Gaming 3200MHz DDR4
    Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe
    Seagate Barracuda 4TB SATA
    GTX 1660 SUPER OC
    Corsair Crystal 460X
    Corsair TX650M