Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monitor

Default Re: Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Pato View Post
    How does the AOC compare with the Viewsonic VX2476?
    Its very hard to tell. Meaning My Son, which has the 2 x VX2476 it was really noticeable difference compared to the old Viewsonic VX2235wm (actually the same one you mentioned) His had been slowly losing clearness over a couple of years till one day it just went flicker flicker

Putting in the VX2476 it was holey sh1t Right away he said I wanted another one so he could run two side by side, so he gave me the money and I got it. He has dimmed the displays as the default is a too bright.

The 27" AOC I got, again was the same reaction as I also had a VX2235wm, and one day it just up and died. They didn't have the 27 Viewsonics and the 24" was actually smaller screen size Hight wise due to the new measurements, so I got the AOC ( and I couldn't afford the 27" viewsonic at the time anyway).

At a guess due to size differences I'd say by default the brightness of the Viewsonic is brighter, but generally is dimmed, sharpness -- really hard to tell as a 27 " is going to look not quite the same as a 24". Just asked my son to compare his eyes are better than mine, his reply -- yeah about the same, you would really have to put them side by side to compare accurate.

BUT either would be much better than the VX2235wm.

Just looking at stock Levels the AOC 24" https://au.aoc.com/product_5414_I249..._AUSTRALIA.php Theres Stock in Chch (at the moment but that can change, for example at some point soon I may need to order 10-20 of them which could wipe them out all in one go), as above the Viewsonic - 26th May (maybe)

Story:
    Had big order before, I looked on a Friday about 2pm, they had plenty of stock of a particular Viewsonic, thought oh what the hell leave it till tomorrow, couldn't be bothered on a friday, went to order on saturday - No stock WTF!! Called on Monday to see whats up, someone ordered 30 Monitors at 3.30 Friday cleaning them out. -- bugger.

The Actual size - I'll try on this Picture for the Viewsonic. Outside of Frame (width) 540mm x 300mm (note) Height is top of frame to viewable section on bottom, not the bottom of the frame. The Black on edges of Frame are approx 5mm.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Viewsonic Sizes.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	10355

If I had to honest the first reaction is the Viewsonic "may" be better, but as I said its really hard to tell, different people have different opinions / likes / dislikes. ( not trying to be awkward - but bet I'm achieving it )

The AOC I put in the other day the New one was noticeably better to look at compared to the HP, but on saying that there was nothing wrong with the HP either except it had a glass /reflective screen, both were clear, just the AOC was easier /better to look at.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 14-05-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Thanks wainui. Appreciate you taking the time to assist. It looks like if I want either the Viewsonic or an AOC I may have to wait a while.

How does the AOC compare with the Viewsonic VX2476?
    what batch run ?
    ie : comparing one to the other isnt as simple any more
    During the production run, they can change panels , meaning it could be better/worse than the initial production run.
    I had that when I bough a Samsung Monitor years back, first batch was excellent, a year later (same model) was using an inferior panel so looked noticeably worse .

Interface help. My Asus GTX470 graphics only has a DVI-1 outlet which has been ok for the last two monitor cables that I have had. It appears that the AOC i2490vqx comes with a VGA and HDMI cable and I assume that is the norm now.? Do I need to get an adaptor.? If so which adaptor and where
    from please.
    Last edited by Pato; 16-05-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Wainui. Perhaps you could comment when you have time please.

From Memory they don't have DVI, but according to the Specs and manual and looking at my 27" they have 1xVGA, 1xHDMI v1.4, 1xDisplayPort.

The Display port at first glance if not paying attention looks like a HDMI, but it is different.

Heres a chart I found that shows what ports are what:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	types_of_ports.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	10357

Heres a picture of the connections under mine (27")

Name:	IMG_20200516_153029.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	10358

Just looked on my sons Viewsonic, his has the same ports as mine / AOC's just arranged differently. no DVI.

That's right. So how would I connect from the VGA or HDMI from the AOC Monitor to my DVI-1 socked on my Computer, and which would be the best to use, VGA or HDMI.?
    Last edited by Pato; 16-05-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Finishing off the post LOL was called to come and get the cuppa, If you have DVI you can get a DVI-HDMI,

Name:	DVI_to_HDMI.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	10359

They are approx $20 Depending on Length and whom you get them from. Just looked on My suppliers site AGAIN out of Stock ETA 29th May

Yesterday I mentioned ChCh had the AOC's they had 9+ in stock, someone brought the lot.

Here's the current stock, The suppliers have branches in ChCH Wgt and Auck. The Numbers on the right show what's available - not to good eh

Name:	Available_Monitors.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	10360

Snooze you lose. Viewsonics are basically the same.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 16-05-2020 at 04:28 PM.

LOL. Thanks once again for helping this old guy.

which would be the best to use, VGA or HDMI.?
    HDMI.

There are heaps of different adapters, take a look at the pins on the DVI first, you can get caught out getting the wrong one if nt careful.
    VGA is obsolete now.
    Ex-pctek