Default Sony Vaio Laptop

Help needed... Updated my laptop to Win10 Ver 1909. I had problems with it tried to use system restore, but it just sat there saying please wait, didn't do anything, so I tried to reinstall Windows 7, during the set up it wanted to Scan disc C,which it cannot do.So I have the remnants of Windows 10 and two attempted Windows 7. I need a programme to erase the hard drive and do a scan check so I can rebuild from Windows 7 back to Windows 10. Any help will be much appreciated.
    ' The Ghost of Tom Joad '

Default Re: Sony Vaio Laptop

NO NEED to install W7 then to W10.

Download the ISO, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 Select Download Tool Now - When it runs select Make a ISO, make either a DVD or USB Drive option. Boot from the media you created.

Just have a look at the following https://www.howtogeek.com/197559/how...10-on-your-pc/ Scroll down to "How to Get Installation Media and Do a Clean Install of Windows 10"

When it gets to the point of either upgrade or Custom - Select Custom, Select Each Partition and delete them all, this will wipe the drive completely. Read what the instructions on the site say, it explains every step.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Thanks , but that does not work. I now have 2 copies of Windows & Home ,1 Of Windows 7 Pro and a copy of Windows 10. I downloaded and burnt a copy of Windows 10 to disc, but it does not load start up files. I can get to where the computer is about to complete installation and it stops (see photo)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2412.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	10340  
    ' The Ghost of Tom Joad '

Quote Originally Posted by ruup View Post
    Thanks , but that does not work. I now have 2 copies of Windows & Home ,1 Of Windows 7 Pro and a copy of Windows 10. I downloaded and burnt a copy of Windows 10 to disc, but it does not load start up files. I can get to where the computer is about to complete installation and it stops (see photo)
    Does work, many have done it ( as per the linked instructions) done it hundreds of times myself, and done 2 this morning using the exact method.

Its possibly not working because you have not wiped all the drive clean and there's leftovers. Sometimes the ISO you burn can be faulty and you get error messages like the one shown. As long as the drives 100% wiped beforehand, the ISO / Burn is OK it should be fine. Other causes can be a faulty Hard Drive, (had that happen on Monday)
    If you wanted to do it the long way, then you have to download software, make a bootable media, either USB or CD. AOMEI Partition Assistant Allows bootable media to be created. Some others that are free wont allow you to make bootable media, and you cant wipe a drive completely clean that you are currently using.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 07-05-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Thanks mate