Default Alone. Together.

Hi guys, I thought you may be interested in this half hour cello concert Ö

Click HERE

Performed on April 27th in a live stream from the Pula Arena, Croatia, this is Stjepan Hauserís special salute to frontline workers over the world in their fight against Corona-19. He is one half of the successful 2Cellos duo of Hauser and Luka Sulic who launched their career with the help of Elton John in one of Johnís Madison Square Garden concerts.

Hauser dedicates his concert:

At this time of unprecedented difficulty, the human spirit has shown its strength.
    It is found in the ordinary people whose extraordinary work is saving lives,
    in the key workers on the frontline and in those of us who have just stayed home.
    Though we are forced apart, we have come together.
    We stand united while we keep our distance and find hope in our humanity.
    The concert comprises;

Benedictus (Sir Karl Jenkins),
    Air on the G String (J. S. Bach),
    Intermezzo from Cavalleria Rusticana (Pietro Mascagni),
    Caruso (Lucio Dalla),
    Nessun Dorma (G. Puccini).

Built around the time of Christ, the Pula Arena is a Roman Amphitheatre, originally holding up to 20,000, but now being largely in ruins the audiences are limited to around 5,000 and to the floor. Itís been the venue for many of 2Cellosí open-air concerts, although from 2018 both Hauser and Sulic seemed to have concentrated on their individual careers as soloists. Stjepan Hauser has many concerts available on YouTube and recorded in the Arena (Pula is his home town) and attended by a trademark bevy of slender long legged Croatian beauties strategically seated in the front row of the audience Ö but of course, us blokes are here for the music (did I say, of course?) 😊

I hope you enjoy the concert. Incidentally, itís worth staying with the video past the credits at the end - for a pointed reminder of how social distancing affects us all. And if you have the chance to see either 2Cellos or Hauser in concert, donít hesitate. Iíve caught 2Cellos twice now in Auckland at the Town Hall Ö magic 😊

Last edited by WalOne; 03-05-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen

Default Re: Alone. Together.

Hauser is great. His facial grimacing is a bit unusual though. Loves playing to the ladies as well (don't we all though)

Ken

Crikey, if you want a tear jerker you can always rely on a solo cello in the right hands. And as for your comments Ken, have a look at Jacqueline Du Pres playing (is that the right word in her case?) her cello. Not so much a facial grimace as a whole body experience... It is a very intimate instrument if you get my drift.

VoidMaster

Yeah I found that good at first then a bit repetitive and sentimental, I find this much more inspiring, well worth listening to the end where they really get going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-E7_VHLvkE
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks WalOne for sharing that... I’m so glad that there are others out there that also appreciate the wonders of such beautifully played classical music! ��
    _____Nothing is hidden that cannot be revealed______

Quote Originally Posted by WalOne View Post
    Hi guys, I thought you may be interested in this half hour cello concert Ö

Click HERE
    Thanks for sharing. Beautiful!
    "B.M. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else": The working class! Let's make sure we vote next time!

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Yeah I found that good at first then a bit repetitive and sentimental, I find this much more inspiring, well worth listening to the end where they really get going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-E7_VHLvkE
    Fair comment, to each his own. But the only common thread between our two posts are that they are both performed in the ruins of an amphitheater. The what, why, when and who are all worlds apart.

Not the least is that Hauser's is a free concert, although contributions to a fund raiser for COVID-19 survivors are invited.

Last edited by WalOne; 06-05-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    I have very high hopes that seriousness is a reversible condition.

Dr Lester Levy

I've studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through.

Leonard Cohen