Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VoidMaster

Default Re: Background to a "picture" signature

If you post a photo in the thread of your signature on a piece of paper I will crop it and convert to black and white picture, will also try to make one with a transparency background.

I will post back up as png's if you wish.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    If you post a photo in the thread of your signature on a piece of paper I will crop it and convert to black and white picture, will also try to make one with a transparency background.

I will post back up as png's if you wish.
    Thats a nice offer BUT NO WAY in a public forum. Either by PM or the signature is uploaded to a file sharing site and a link PM'ed.

This is a trust thing, and there are to many people that would jump at the chance to steal it if it were public. If its put into a public forum anyone could grab it and use it for illegal operations.

I've had members send me private stuff ( and that's how it will stay - Private) , In my business trust is very high priority, that's why some of the places I go require police clearance even before I step in the door.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-04-2020 at 07:12 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

VoidMaster

It's a scribble on a piece of paper, how could it be used?
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    It's a scribble on a piece of paper, how could it be used?
    You said signature earlier.

Not a good idea to be sending signatures to an open chat room.

wai is dead right and I was an accountant to re-enforce what he has stated in his post.

lurking.

VoidMaster

But unless a signature is referenced to an actual name it has no meaning.

Also worked as a share registry clerk and "any" signature on transfer/share cert. documents had to be cut through with a triangle cut and the triangle went to the "furnace".

Sorry to be a nark zqwerty.

lurking.

Ps. have a great ANZAC Day folks and only two of us out at the front gate this dawn morning.

lurks.

VoidMaster

Anyone can copy or forge a signature these days with modern computer tools, having a copy of a picture of a signature without having the real name and a document that is applicable and appropriate is useless.

You are being unnecessarily paranoid.

why make life easy for the crooks ???

While your at it, hows about putting up your credit card number, you know just to prove how dangerous it can be.

Neil would be FAR better off using a program on his own PC. The online I linked before works well, but if changing a png is to hard, then he can download paint.net ( different to Windows paint) https://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html

Then using his own sig simply make it transparent, its easy. as shown in these instructions make-background-transparent-paint-net/ video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPJz330VRk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUIdJcvyNk

But hey if your prepared to have neils identity stolen then more stupid on you.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Been in accounting for a very long time.

Another example of fraud, was when I was chief clerk, cash sale dockets were going missing from their pad, where one for customer one for cashier and one left in the pad.

The clerk thought a cancelled sale docket could be tossed away, of course I quietly spoke to the accountant about this going on and the clerk was duly fired.

This man was later convicted in the Aulsebrook Biscuit robbery and he later committed suicide up in Victoria Park.

Still makes me wonder if I had done the right thing. He was a bl**dy good rugby player to boot.

lurking.

VoidMaster

A Credit Card number has meaning and obvious potential for misuse, a barely legible scribble called a signature has none at all unless referenced to an appropriate document and a real name.