Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Background to a "picture" signature

Here’s something to think about, your method has the potential to open up for fraud.
    Why not simply use the program I linked above, paint.net.

I got bored so quickly scribbled down a fake sig, scanned it to a .jpg format, it was done on a scanner but could have easily been a phone.

Opened up paint.net, made it transparent like in one of the videos linked, and placed the original as well as the transparent onto a PDF file to compare.
    If you look you’ll see the transparent is just that transparent, all white background gone.

Its rough as guts, done quickly, also had a few drinks at the time but even then took a little over 2 minutes. A real one could be adjusted to improve the output.

WAY more secure than posting a legit signature on a public forum for anyone to simply lift and use. That’s why I mentioned earlier – do it in a PM ( privately) not public.

Here’s the quick video https://streamable.com/nhekl2
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

VoidMaster

Very good, I did it in Photoshop, when I wanted my "signature" for the same purpose as O.P. a couple of years ago.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Very good, I did it in Photoshop, when I wanted my "signature" for the same purpose as O.P. a couple of years ago.
    Yeah photoshops a very good program, only problem with it is the cost, not everyone can afford it, maybe that's one reason it was pirated so much. I think from memory its all subscription based these days if you want upgrades or new (could be wrong on that)

There are plenty of free graphic programs about, some better than others, depending on what you want to do, or how much of a learning curve.

The whole Idea behind the video I quickly did was to show its actually quite easy, I know when I did mine sometimes depending on what pens were used produced better outcomes on the finished product

VoidMaster

Yeah it's expensive alright, I have very old copy of version 6 from when I did a graphics course.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    Yeah it's expensive alright, I have very old copy of version 6 from when I did a graphics course.
    Keep what you have

Just looked up Photo Shop- hit the brakes Scrrrrreecchhhhhhh!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo_Shop.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	10324

Thanks for the tips. Sorry with my late reply but "surprisingly" Covid has made little difference to my staying busy with work (remote). I too am an accountant so sorry, zqwerty but I would never do as you suggested Wainui I was blind I did find saves as png on Paint.Net. (v 4.2.10). I converted to Black and white ,then tried Magic Wand but it seemed to leave lots of pixel dots.
    On the positive side last Thursday I was able to get an apple cream donut again plus a fresh beef curry pie-first for 5 weeks
    Last edited by Neil F; 03-05-2020 at 01:46 PM. Reason: clicked send too early

I have briefly read this, but can you digitally sign documents as you? You can still add the irrelevant signature if you like but it will not validate you.

I do not trust pen signatures that anyone can scan and use them in some electronic form that there is some company who can accept it this way.