Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Background to a "picture" signature

I do not have a true digital signature but some parties are willing to accept a scanned signature from me.
    I mean I sign a piece of white paper, and take a photo with my phone.-jpg format.
    When I want to use it I insert it at the relevant space n MS Word then convert the MS Word docx to Pdf. (so that the average person cannot "uplift" my photo signature)

Even though I have tried cropping and lightening with various programmes e.g. Paint - the background behind he signature remains a light grey in both the docx and pdf formats
    Does anyone know how I can remove the colouring from the "fill" background so hat my signature appears on a white background rather than shaded light grey?

VoidMaster

Default Re: Background to a "picture" signature

Maybe use Irfanview to convert the Signature plus background to black and white then try your method.

There is a 64 bit version as well on the same site, find using search, probably get the plugins as well.

32 bit version: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/irfanview.html

32 bit version: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...w_plugins.html
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

How often do you do this?

Whenever I have had to sign something, I print it, sign the paper and scan the document back into the PC and email it.
    Ex-pctek

Its actually quite easy, what you want is a signature with transparent background, did on mine, its handy for filling out PDF's, add the signature in and when its sent it looks exactly as if I had actually signed it.

https://www.pdfautomationstation.com...ture-Stamp.cfm

If you get white areas in the sig, try changing the setting to Colour.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	10304

Most photo editing software has similar options.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 15-04-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Not sure what the PDF software we use at work is but I thought it was just adobe software. In any case it has a fountain pen icon for signing and lets you import a jpg, which it remembers. I signed a bit of white paper, scanned it, imported it into the PDF software, and now I can sign whatever I want electronically and it looks real.

As for people not being able to uplift it from a PDF, sorry easy as anything. If you can see it on a screen you can copy it. Signatures really don't mean much these days if supplied electronically but it's better than nothing.
    If I want to I could uplift my bosses signature on tender documents and start signing them myself, good way to get fired but easily done.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Thanks for tips but I do not have a scanner. I normally go to Warehouse Stationery to get documents scanned -Covid puts an end to that for now. I also only have Adobe Reader DC not Pro.

I had originally signed in black pen on a very white piece of paper ,and took a jpg image with phone camera. I then used paint 4.2.10 to crop it to better size. I did try saving the jpg to png without success. I did try Lunar to see if jpg could also be effective -no joy.

Old guy

Once we are released from home detention you could try your black pen white paper trick and scan it to file on a USB stick at the Warehouse Stationery. You could then manipulate that image however you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    Thanks for tips but I do not have a scanner. I normally go to Warehouse Stationery to get documents scanned -Covid puts an end to that for now. I also only have Adobe Reader DC not Pro.

I had originally signed in black pen on a very white piece of paper ,and took a jpg image with phone camera. I then used paint 4.2.10 to crop it to better size. I did try saving the jpg to png without success. I did try Lunar to see if jpg could also be effective -no joy.
    What version of WIndows are you using, ?? the inbuilt paint has a option to save to png.

File - Save as - Png

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paint.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	10320

If yours doesn't then go online and search for jpg to png, theres lots of free online converters, heres the 1st on a google search https://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-png
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

VoidMaster

Draw your signature on a piece of paper, take a photo, convert it to black and white, no grey-scale.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

If you post a photo in the thread of your signature on a piece of paper I will crop it and convert to black and white picture, will also try to make one with a transparency background.

I will post back up as png's if you wish.