Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

Default Re: If Donald Trump was the Titanic captain

If it was broadcast he was the captain............ no way in hell would i get on that boat even if you paid me
    He would be the first to be saved, he only cares about himself. He is number 1, he is higher than God himself you would think they way he carries on.
    Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.

Apple free in Appleby KarameaDave's Avatar

I am sorry Clive, I should not have projected my anger with that man on you.
    FTW

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by KarameaDave View Post
    I am sorry Clive, I should not have projected my anger with that man on you.
    All good Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by R2x1 View Post
    Trump as captain of the Titanic is a ludicrous proposition. Captains of ships have to have at least some sort of qualification. He's better suited to acting as the iceberg, he's got the right sort of savvy to ponderously and erratically reflect changing winds and currents (after much delay).
    Haha, very good. Yes agree...
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

Trump is also a classic example of a grifter:

https://lawandcrime.com/covid-19-pan...cess-to-trump/
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

I dont like Trump anymore than you people, except his pro gun stance, defence and anti immigration policies. However the Yanks had a choice between Hillary Clinton and Trump. When Bill got caught getting a blowie she should have left him, she did not because of an eye to the future. This is a dangerous person to have as a prez.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

We all assume that whoever would be a better pres than Trump.
    History proved otherwise . At least Trump was doing something to try & get American soldiers out of un-winnable wars .
    Trump openly criticised NATO countries for not spending their far share and relying on US military spending instead
    A man who says what a high % of Americans were thinking. That includes the border issues .

If everone knows he's often spitting out rubbish , whats the issue?
    At least we know he's usually lying or talking nonsense. Rather than other Presidents who lied & hid the truth & no one knew.

In fact , look in our own backyard
    Our govt blatantly lying to us, saying there are plenty of test kits, then telling doctors NOT to use them and not even sending test kits out .
    Jacinda keeps saying there are plenty of test kits, the doctors keep saying thats not true . So who's lying to us .

Our own Minisiter of Health , not giving a rats arse about the Lockdown rules , giving us the finger & going mountain biking and out for family trips .
    Leader of the Opposition , deciding to live where the internet is seemingly unusable , then having to break lockdown to get internet use
    Not quarantining those coming into the country , even though that was the cause of most of the initial outbreaks here

So we need to look in the mirror before rubbishing Trump

Quote Originally Posted by prefect View Post
    I dont like Trump anymore than you people, except his pro gun stance, defence and anti immigration policies....
    Sad really, as I assume(as I haven't crossed you down the street) that you are an immigrant of sorts. If you know what I mean
    If you're not(an immigrant o.s.), my apology in advance.
    "B.M. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else": The working class! Let's make sure we vote next time!

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Our govt blatantly lying to us, saying there are plenty of test kits, then telling doctors NOT to use them and not even sending test kits out .

Our own Minisiter of Health , not giving a rats arse about the Lockdown rules , giving us the finger & going mountain biking and out for family trips .

So we need to look in the mirror before rubbishing Trump
    What is the point of testing? If I started to cough, feel crappy I would stay home anyway, even if it was just a cold, you'd cause panic going shopping.

Unless of course I was critical...in whic case I'd be carted off to hospital anyway.

The Minister has been demoted, escaping an outright sacking.

And if thats the extent of our ministers, well give me ours over Trump the psycho any day.
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

LOL, prefect is true blue, salt of the earth, kiwi, born and bred, with a great sense of humour, good command of the lingo, couldn't have a better example of a non-immigrant I would say.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 07-04-2020 at 01:10 PM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche