Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: HP Notebook will not boot to Windows or allow access to BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by kioti View Post
    Dios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the power of Zeus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this gets even worse.
    I sent her the message explaining and she replied "I have nothing to plug to the wall"
    Well after all else thus far I hit psycho-mode and full caps reply stating that she must have a damn power connector or the device battery would have stopped working within a month of her buying the device 3 years ago!!!!!!!
    I am beginning to doubt my sanity and wonder if I am the butt of a joke and a toy for others to play with.
    ciao for now.
    This is off topic but it's time for a laugh. Sometimes you just have to be at a place to sort problems, then when you point out the "thing" they cant see its right where it should be.

This is a true event as it unfolded ( have to sub ** for the actual swear words from customer) C= Customer M = Me

Years ago I got a call from a person, I answered the Phone as normal , all I heard was

(C) My Computers F**KED can you come and see what the F**k is wrong"
    (M) Errrr OK, whats its doing or not doing ?
    (C) The whole F**Ken things dead, wont bloody go, theres a light on the monitor so its getting power.
    (M) OK so when you hit the power button on the computer its completely dead ?
    (C) Yep completely dead.
    (M) OK this may sound like a dumb question, but is it plugged into the wall or Multi box and turned on at the wall, as well as the back of the computer some have a power switch where the plug goes in ?
    ( C) OF course it is do you think I'm a F**Kwit or something
    (M) No not at all, but seen many times the plugs been knocked out or someone unplugged to plug in a vacuum cleaner or something
    (C) No its damn well plugged in.
    (M)OK just asking because if I come all the way to your place and flick the power on, its a service charge.
    (C) Just come , the computers the problem

So got the address details etc, did a job sheet and away I went.

Got there and the person

(C) see its dead as {hitting power button}
    (M) OK lets see what wrong

Pulled out the Computer from under the desk, took one look at the back Thought to my self " For gods sake"

(M) Back in a minute
    Went out to the car got a power cable, plugged it back into the 1 empty spot on the multi box, plugged it into the computer, pushed it back under the desk, tapped the power button and away it went.
    (C) OH !! What was wrong ?
    (M) Remember me asking was it plugged in and turned on and what did you reply ?
    (C) Yeah
    (M) Well there was no power cable at all
    (C) OH you mean that thick black one that my son grabbed the other day to power something in his room { THEN the penny Dropped } OH Guess I am a F**kwit then aren't I ?

I said nothing, ( as much as I wanted to) only looked at him, But he laughed and said

(C) Dont answer I know I Am --- May as well give it a good service while you are here.

To this day when ever he calls me its " Hi Its the F**Kwit here (with a laugh)
    Last edited by wainuitech; 05-04-2020 at 09:30 AM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    This is off topic but it's time for a laugh. Sometimes you just have to be at a place to sort problems, then when you point out the "thing" they cant see its right where it should be.

This is a true event as it unfolded ( have to sub ** for the actual swear words from customer) C= Customer M = Me

Years ago I got a call from a person, I answered the Phone as normal , all I heard was

(C) My Computers F**KED can you come and see what the F**k is wrong"
    (M) Errrr OK, whats its doing or not doing ?
    (C) The whole F**Ken things dead, wont bloody go, theres a light on the monitor so its getting power.
    (M) OK so when you hit the power button on the computer its completely dead ?
    (C) Yep completely dead.
    (M) OK this may sound like a dumb question, but is it plugged into the wall or Multi box and turned on at the wall, as well as the back of the computer some have a power switch where the plug goes in ?
    ( C) OF course it is do you think I'm a F**Kwit or something
    (M) No not at all, but seen many times the plugs been knocked out or someone unplugged to plug in a vacuum cleaner or something
    (C) No its damn well plugged in.
    (M)OK just asking because if I come all the way to your place and flick the power on, its a service charge.
    (C) Just come , the computers the problem

So got the address details etc, did a job sheet and away I went.

Got there and the person

(C) see its dead as {hitting power button}
    (M) OK lets see what wrong

Pulled out the Computer from under the desk, took one look at the back Thought to my self " For gods sake"

(M) Back in a minute
    Went out to the car got a power cable, plugged it back into the 1 empty spot on the multi box, plugged it into the computer, pushed it back under the desk, tapped the power button and away it went.
    (C) OH !! What was wrong ?
    (M) Remember me asking was it plugged in and turned on and what did you reply ?
    (C) Yeah
    (M) Well there was no power cable at all
    (C) OH you mean that thick black one that my son grabbed the other day to power something in his room { THEN the penny Dropped } OH Guess I am a F**kwit then aren't I ?

I said nothing, ( as much as I wanted to) only looked at him, But he laughed and said

(C) Dont answer I know I Am --- May as well give it a good service while you are here.

To this day when ever he calls me its " Hi Its the F**Kwit here (with a laugh)
    wainuitech
    hee hee....yeah familiar with that one in real life too
    Well also sometimes its a bit like the Manuel from Fawlty Towers..... and the way that Spanish (Italians/Indonesians...foreigners) speak and write English...verbs and nouns in wrong order, tenses get confused ( send instead of sent.... I send you means I sent it to you. OR I will send it to you............ kinda like 'yes the leg is the table on'
    Can be a bit difficult at times.... often I ask her to write messages in her language and I use Translator, but that is not perfect either, far from it in fact.... doesn't know the pronouns etc etc.... He becomes she ..... so I have to try to guess the true meaning of the sentence. Its because of the suffixes that Spanish has added to many nouns/adjectives/verbs.... where we in English say 'what a little sweetie' the Spanish would be '¡Qué dulzura!' ...translate that back to English and ya get 'What a sweetness!'
    hahahahah ... No es gracioso (It's not funny) but my lady friend is retired Professor of Languages (Professor means Teacher) but sometimes I really do lose it with her messages..... 'I have to add the missing F@#$%^g words again do I!!!!!!' i fire back at her ...... yeah it can be hard work But I am 6 years experienced in Spanglish and still learning. Sigh.
    She is Master of the 'Romantic' languages (Latin based) so to be fair with her I say to write in her own language because then she will not leave out defining words and it's easier for her.
    I continue daily, like Sisyphus. Gotta have something to do the next day.
    cheers
    Last edited by kioti; 05-04-2020 at 10:30 AM.

VoidMaster

The Power Supply is probably plugged into a power box/extension plug box under the desk somewhere, all she does is plug the other end of the cord into the Note Book, I would guess, that's why she's saying that she has nothing to plug into the wall.

Or maybe it's just run out of power finally from the battery, although I doubt it, and that's why she has the black screen etc ‽‽‽‽
    Last edited by zqwerty; 05-04-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    The Power Supply is probably plugged into a power box/extension plug box under the desk somewhere, all she does is plug the other end of the cord into the Note Book, I would guess, that's why she's saying that she has nothing to plug into the wall.

Or maybe it's just run out of power finally from the battery, although I doubt it, and that's why she has the black screen etc ‽‽‽‽
    zqwerty.... yep all possible.
    Tomorrow is another day. Her and me non communicado since I impersonated Jekyll n Hyde

Ok well here is the latest and its good but can get better.
    I asked her today if she had connected the device to 240 volts and left it and here I give her reply and my interpretations/translations

" I connected Computer and did click in open, I saw the blue HP and began to pass the seconds till It went down, but the screen was going blue slowly. (seconds actually meant 10 minutes min... )
    And suddenly imagen!!! I write my password and listo (imagen = image, probably Win Log in screen, listo = Ready)"
    So she was into Win10. Played some Criminal Case in FB but she said it (device) needs a techie.
    She said they are taking it to techie in few days, which will mean next week as it is Sunday there now and Monday starts in 6 hours at midnight.
    So I leave this one alone now..... get a pro onto it who isn't 10,000km away in TViewer.
    Hope the Techie doesn't do what the last one did when she had problems getting Internet 2 year ago: took him a week and when she got it back she had lost her MSOffice 365, Antivirus was replaced with Mcaffe and it seemed to me that a Factory reset had been performed to rectify a cannot connect to Internet problem. It was then that I tried to restore her MSO 365 but there was no MSO to restore using the facility the name of which I forget now.. it's like a System Recovery but is specifically for MSO.
    It was then that I installed MSO Pro 2019 that was a give away via a Microsoft Forum. I requested a link for a Spanish language and received it. Dl'd it and uploaded it to the MediaFire I have, connected to her Device in TViewer, Dl'd and installed it. That was when she had good internet speeds.
    Thanks, guys, for the info and help.
    I will post back the results when she has had the device 'Techied'
    Cheers
    Last edited by kioti; 06-04-2020 at 09:49 AM. Reason: add missing info

OK so it ran out of power, never a good sign when installing anything, its also possible it rolled back ( failed update). Hope she doesn't want to have to much performance in it, with those low specs it wont.

As you discovered, like MANY times when trying to help people you can ONLY go by what information is given, often the "important" parts are left out. (like not having the power plugged in).

To Quote myself earlier:

Sometimes you just have to be at a place to sort problems
    Last edited by wainuitech; 06-04-2020 at 11:50 AM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    OK so it ran out of power, never a good sign when installing anything, its also possible it rolled back ( failed update). Hope she doesn't want to have to much performance in it, with those low specs it wont.

As you discovered, like MANY times when trying to help people you can ONLY go by what information is given, often the "important" parts are left out. (like not having the power plugged in).

To Quote myself earlier:
    wainuitech
    hi
    yep, always best to be hands on. I never considered her device running on Battery...though in among all other things there was a thought about battery but that was CMOS or a Electrolytic capacitor used to store a voltage and used to get BIOS and boot started.
    As I said, I am always on 240 Volt connected PC user..... anything else is alien to me .....

She is still using it but only occasionally. To message me.... sure as hell beats the socks off her having to use mobile and two fingers key pushing.

Cheers.

See how it goes over next couple days.
    Last edited by kioti; 06-04-2020 at 01:03 PM.