Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New headphones

Default New headphones

I had a set of Sennheiser wireless phones for the TV but I never liked them. Not the headphones but the wireless thing that causes intermittent whooshes and strange noises when I turn my head. Previous ones did the same and no matter how much I fiddled with the tuner, it just wouldn't go away.

I have a mid range Bluetooth Sony phones that I listen to all my ripped CD tracks in the night when I don't sleep well (quite a lot). I also have a 8 yr old Sony Bluetooth sender/receiver from an earlier set where the phones got sat on and snapped one of the cans off. I hooked this up to the TV and it works pretty darned good. A little slower than the latest Bluetooth version to connect but that's okay.

On Tuesday before the lockdown I went to Noel Lemming and picked up a set of Sony WH-1000XM3 wireless Bluetooth headphones (on special). They are pretty good for listening and the app for my Sony phone works brilliantly.

Then this morning, with nothing to do, I experimented with 360 sound and signed up to Deezer. Amaaaazing!! I have never heard anything like it! SWMBO says that she hasn't seen me smile so much for years, albeit that they are a bit antisocial

They also have Google Assistant which is quite fascinating, this voice telling me that I have an email or text, or me asking a question, perhaps the weather forecast and getting the applicable area details.

Anyway, lots more to try out... See you later

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Default Re: New headphones

I bought some Bose Soundlink headphones as a present to myself for quitting smoking and I think they're brilliant.

Audiophiles may disagree but I ain't one. I avoided paying an extra $120.00 for noise-cancelling. Didn't seem necessary.

I get tangled up with the cord when I doze That's the main reason.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    I bought some Bose Soundlink headphones as a present to myself for quitting smoking and I think they're brilliant.

Audiophiles may disagree but I ain't one. I avoided paying an extra $120.00 for noise-cancelling. Didn't seem necessary.
    I did the same, paired with an Avanti Audikast bluetooth transmitter for the TV. Absolutely brilliant - I can listen to the TV at the volume I need for my hearing, whilst SWMBO listens to the TV speakers at the same time at the volume that is comfortable for her. The transmitter is connected via an optic cable so it doesn't mute the speakers when my headphones are on. I also use the Bose headphones with my tablet and with a bluetooth dongle I can use them with the laptop. Super sound quality and battery life before they need recharging.

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    I had a set of Sennheiser wireless phones for the TV but I never liked them. (snip)

Ken
    I had them for several years Ken, but I didn't like them either. Reasonable sound quality, but all that gubbage that has to be connected to the TV really put me off. They are also big and clunky, and I got the same sound distortion not only when I turned my head, but also when I looked up or down. They were very sensitive to line of sight to their transmitter.

One day......,. TV manufacturers will put a tx (transmit) with the rx (receive) and solve a heap of problems.

I just wonder who said, " let's make it difficult for people who want to listen with Bluetooth headphones"

Ken

I was given some Philips ones that had that noise. Utter rubbish.
    Bought husband some Sennheiser and they are perfect
    Ex-pctek

Old guy

As with most things personal preferences vary and there is no one answer that will suit everyone. I like noise cancelling wireless ones. I have used some Bose 35 ones for a couple of years which I quite liked but I far prefer my current Sony WH1000 XM3 ones which I find have a far better range, sound good and are comfortable to wear for a long time. No way would I go back to wire connected headphones they may be cheaper but tie you down to one position, that does not suit me at all. I lost count of the number of earphones I destroyed by getting the wire hooked on something when moving around.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    As with most things personal preferences vary and there is no one answer that will suit everyone. I like noise cancelling wireless ones. I have used some Bose 35 ones for a couple of years which I quite liked but I far prefer my current Sony WH1000 XM3 ones which I find have a far better range, sound good and are comfortable to wear for a long time. No way would I go back to wire connected headphones they may be cheaper but tie you down to one position, that does not suit me at all. I lost count of the number of earphones I destroyed by getting the wire hooked on something when moving around.
    They are pretty damn good. I also have become a fan of Bluetooth wireless over corded. Have you tried the Sony 360 sound yet?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    I was given some Philips ones that had that noise. Utter rubbish.
    Bought husband some Sennheiser and they are perfect
    Sennheiser have got a great sound. as I said Not the headphones but the wireless thing that causes intermittent whooshes and strange noises when I turn my head. I also have a set of Sennheiser Momentum in-ear phones. They are great!

However, after 4 days of owning these Sony WH-1000XM3 I feel they just blow away any other phones I have tried.

Ken