Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Lockdown? Yeah nah ...

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    Fully expect to see the cops starting to enforce it if people don't listen.

They are in Auckland already.
    One of my neighbours (not the MM) have been out 3 times already, the rage problem guy............hope they lock him up.

I have done some housework and mowed. Got my book for this afternoon.
    Husband making his beer at present, takes 2 weeks before he can drink that lot.

But he has enough for a beer a day. Which is about all he does now anyway.

Not hugely different for us, finally I have a new doctor, well I think, having a phone appointment tomorrow morning, husband is on his last insulin. Phew.

Not sure how chemist will work, normally son gets it and mails it, but maybe chemist will mail it themselves this time.
    Ex-pctek

My son was talking about driving to Mt Eden for a run, but he cant I have put my boat trailer wheel lock on his car and said I would give him the key in a months time.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.

Im surprised as to how many think its Ok to drive & bike around , go for their daily bike ride or drive down to the park/beach
    The bike riders fail to think: if something happens on their bike ride, someone has to go out & get them

The govt should have kept it simple.
    ie just say : Dont go driving or biking unless its to supermarket or doctor/chemists , thats it , you cant go anywhere else .

Its not a lockdown if people are wandering the streets is it. 1 month being forced to stay indoors isnt a big deal .
    There will soon be hundreds walking the streets in AK CBD, as all those crammed into those CBD apartments go out for a walkie

Well so far cleaned the Workbench, I knew it was white under there somewhere LOL.

Set up a Computer on the kitchen table for the Wife to work from home, ( table got cleaned as well) only thing that's annoying is another that I set up yesterday at her work for remote access, worked fine yesterday, now wont connect, she suspects its to do with their internet connection as it drops every so often she said, its to do with the feed into the building, easy to fix BUT have to physically be there to do it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

On the upside applied for that self employed subsidy the govt put out when this rubbish went to Level 3 - came through today -- Phew.

Guess it may be a good time to do the mountain of paperwork -- Yeah Nah, not today
    Last edited by wainuitech; 26-03-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

I'm off to water blast the tiles to get the terracotta colour back.

Problem is, it's wine o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post

On the upside applied for that self employed subsidy the govt put out when this rubbish went to Level 3 - came through today -- Phew.
    Hmm, friend has a small shop, not IT, she hasn't heard or received anything.
    I have cleaned bathroom and loo, vacuumed, put a pot roast on, picked beans, mowed, a normal day really. Read a bit of book, finished and onto book 2 in series.

My mum has done washing and slicing beans now and sharpening knives. Husband finished beer making and having one now. That will last him until dinner, he has one more sometimes then.
    Ex-pctek

Did half acre of mowing yesterday, today fitted sign for our property that I made 2 months ago as concreted the posts in for it yesterday then cleaned out my workshop so that I can get into it again. I need to make a door for inside the house, an oversize (1200mm wide) barn door style but can't get the timber to do it.

Oh well rain for the next couple of days so might get around to hanging some pictures finally.

Did half acre of mowing yesterday, today fitted sign for our property that I made 2 months ago as concreted the posts in for it yesterday then cleaned out my workshop so that I can get into it again. I need to make a door for inside the house, an oversize (1200mm wide) barn door style but can't get the timber to do it.

Oh well rain for the next couple of days so might get around to hanging some pictures finally.

Young mother down the road is home schooling her 2 primary school kids.

Started yesterday and we thought she was doing OK until we heard today that 2 children were expelled and the teacher had been dismissed for drinking on the job.

Ken

We are staying open reduced branches so I only have to work 10 days this month and be on call.
    On Tuesday I panic bought a Thetford flush toilet for $730 and a fold up basin $499 for my camper bus, had a porta potty in the shower before. The expensive original corner basin can't be used now no room. The toilet cassette has a door on the outside of the bus exactly where Mr NZ Motorbodies in 1969 put a an upright pillar and sideways dwang so I have to cut for the door and strengthen around it so the bus does not collapse around my ears. Right around the whole bus, where the door has to go is the worst place to put it. I guess the if it has tits tires and tracks (VAL got 8) you are going to have problems with it applies. Won't be able to finish it completely as I need plumbing bits for the basin. Dragon wanted a separate toilet shower but it would cost valuable party room for seagull racing talk bullshit sessions.
    Its amazing how Potatoes give us chips,fries and Vodka.

Get your s*** together every other vegetable.