Senior

Default PODBEAN anyone use this app and having issues?

Weird issue. I can no longer download for playing offline or stream any of the US podcasts I follow eg Stuff You Should Know, The Axe Files, Lore, 99% Invisible. Various NZ and BBC podcasts are ok. I get an "error opening file 261,-1003" message. I've reinstalled Podbean and checked out troubleshooting for the error which suggests unstable network?? Mobile is Sony Xperia with KitKat 4.4.4

Default Re: PODBEAN anyone use this app and having issues?

Perhaps Podbean may have been updated and no longer works on KitKat (2014)?
    Perhaps its the phone itself, causing network instability.
    Time for a new phone?
    "...anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation
    of these atoms is talking moonshine..."
    - Ernest Rutherford (1871-1937)

--------------------------
    "After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch."

Senior

Thanks feersumendjinn.Podbean was updated in Feb, the issues are very recent. I tried a couple of other Podcast apps and some of the podcasts I mentioned didn't work, some did. Feedback from Podbean was no help, they asked me to check things that I already told them I had done (auto reply?). "Time for a new phone?" probably but I like my Sony with it's tiny 4.78GB storage, it's been a good phone, I stream movies from Kanopy, and programs from TVNZ on demand to TV via chromecast no problem and until now no problems with podcasts downloading or streaming. Having said that I'm getting "not compatible with your device" messages for some apps but they haven't been important enough to bother about.

The newest version of the app probably wasnt fully tested on such an old version of Android . Its like running Win95 still .
    Could could try to find an older version & see if that helps

Or move onto another app that does the same thing but works .

Senior

thanks 1101. Some other podcast apps I'd like to try are 'not compatible with this device' and a couple of others which will install are not suitable. Podbean has been ok until recently and I find it easy to use. I see that I started a thread last year about it being time to get a new phone but the purchase got put on hold as I needed an external drive. Anyway the Nokia 5.1 looks like an option at $199. I've read the reviews and apparently the camera isn't that great, storage is 16GB, operating system Android 8 which will be upgraded if I understand correctly.

Senior

I settled on a Samsung Galaxy A10 from Spark mainly because I have the Spark Gold Plan for over 65's and found that I could pay the phone off. I've gone from 5GB to 32GB storage All good with Podbean now. I can't manage 'hold the power and volume' at the same time for screenshots, some practice required there. I'm happy that the little No Lock app by BoD works on this phone as I can't be bothered swiping the lock screen all the time, I only need to lock the phone when I go out and it's easy to turn off and on.