Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bye bye Incredimail

The biggest problem with changing to another client is Incredimail uses its own mail format, if it were .eml it would be simple, but they dont. There are some free programs that you can use to convert incredimail to other formats ( mostly outdated but still may work) but most are limited Trials then you need to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    You could just setup a new email program, without all the old email & tell them to use incredimail only to access old email.
    I think that will be the plan! Even the CSV address book export & import into Outlook was a mess. No names displayed, just email addresses. Which is fine if the address is something like joe.bloggs@whatever but useless when an address is bluesea@whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    I think that will be the plan! Even the CSV address book export & import into Outlook was a mess. No names displayed, just email addresses. Which is fine if the address is something like joe.bloggs@whatever but useless when an address is bluesea@whatever.
    The address book being a mess is sometimes caused by not defining the fields when exporting & importing ( depending on what Mail program is being used).

I know when going from Windows live mail to Em Client if you don't define they are a hell of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Beav View Post
    You need to decide how much of your time you want to spend on it . I assume you are doing it for free ?

Give them the option of BUYING a program to do it (the 'free' exporting programs arnt actually free) , or let them manually copy address book entries from one to the other .
    Exporting to CSV can be a messy affair: defining fields, seeing if defined fields populated correctly in Outlook etc.

I used to spend hours helping a friend with Incredimail.
    I used to beg her to change to Thunderbird.
    But she loved all the smileys etc.
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

Have done one address book transfer to Thunderbird copying and pasting into a Thunderbird formatted CSV.

Does Outlook (Office 365) have a Display Name/Full Name field? Downloaded an example Outlook CSV, which could be old, and it had Title, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name. That will take a bit more fluffing around copying and pasting if it doesn't.