Default I can't understand it.

A father turns around to put his togs on his boy only to find he has scarpered. The boy runs down the beach and for some reason two lifeguards dive into the sand while he keeps running. Then at the end there is an ad for Sky Sports.

What has a young boy running down the beach got to do with Sky Sports? I can’t understand it.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Default Re: I can't understand it.

I can't understand how you manage to pay attention to a whole add, they don't even register for me. Why does it matter if it makes sense, it stuck in your memory and you know it's for sky sports so it's doing what they wanted.
    There have been plenty of adds over the years where I couldn't even tell you what the product was right after the add finished.
    Ryzen 2700X, 16Gb DDR4RAM, 512GB M.2 NVME SSD, MSI GTX1070

Its relating to Sport, as they advertise it "Life Needs More Sport this Summer" While its showing people at the beach its really advertising that sky has sports to watch. Personally people should get out more ( if they are able) instead of sitting in front of TV's, Computers or stuck inside all day. Hell sometimes around here just going outside in the afternoon, chilling out by the BBQ sitting in the sun with a slight breeze makes us feel much better.

The reasoning behind it is explained better in sky-encourages-kiwis-to-let-it-all-hang-out-in-new-summer-of-sport-campaign-via-ddb-new-zealand/

Edited: gotta like the comment near the end
    we’d strongly recommend a little self-reflection. As a general rule, the older we get, the more it shouldn’t be seen and can’t be unseen. Nor is it easily forgotten thanks to cell phone cameras and social media.
    Otherwise could be a re-release of the famous song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzoUu7w-YM
    Last edited by wainuitech; 06-03-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks for that Wainui. That explains it. Seems a bit silly.
    It is better to wear out than to rust out.
    - Richard Chamberlain, Tour of the Hebrides

Us husbands are a sorry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    A father turns around to put his togs on his boy only to find he has scarpered. The boy runs down the beach and for some reason two lifeguards dive into the sand while he keeps running. Then at the end there is an ad for Sky Sports.

What has a young boy running down the beach got to do with Sky Sports? I can’t understand it.
    Roscoe, I presume it's those "pricks" who want the 45 meter high lights put on our Hagley Oval, so that other "pricks" on the other side of the world can see the ladies world cricket live, wtf.

First the oval encroached onto the parking lot used by nursing and patients, then shorter light stands, now it's those extra high lights but hey that's no problem, let them walk or get to the few available roadside at some ungodly hour and unfortunately die there.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post

What has a young boy running down the beach got to do with Sky Sports?
    Listen to the voice over....And he's left them in his dust...he's gone........

He's streaking.
    It's kind of cute,that kid looks totally pleased with himself, having a really great time.
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
    Roscoe, I presume it's those "pricks" who want the 45 meter high lights put on our Hagley Oval, so that other "pricks" on the other side of the world can see the ladies world cricket live, wtf. lurking.
    Have just read this morning's The Press and those lights are stated as being 49 meters high and us rate payers are loaning $1.5 million towards the cost of $4.5 million.

lurking.