Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Windows Firewall Notification will NOT disable

I do not use Windows Firewall. I don't need it. I have other security measures.

I have told Windows 10 to stop showing a Notification every single time I boot up my PC that is it is not turned on. Yes, every single time I boot up it pops up. So utterly annoying. I have all this stuff disabled, in multiple locations on my PC, and it STILL shows up and refuses to go away.

Anyone know a way to permanently get rid of this? I have done all options I could find on the net, and it just keeps being persistent.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 SDRAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 960 w/ ACX 2.0 Cooling, ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard, AMD FX 8350 Black CPU, Samsung 860 QVD 1tb SSD, Samsung 55" 4K UHD UN55MU9000 as monitor

Default Re: Windows Firewall Notification will NOT disable

I stand corrected. but doesn't Microsoft now own the rights to our pcs', W10 is copyright and they know all about the hardware, etc in those computers!.

We could ask Bill to sell his 1 billion dollar yacht and fix his software and make everyone happy.

Turn on *some* firewall. Anything will do

VoidMaster

Right Click on the pop up and follow the prompts through to where it says "do not alert me again about no firewall" or some-such thing, and enable that option.

This applied to previous version of Windows, no sure about Win 10 though, worth a try to see if it is possible or not.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Bill hasn't actually bought that yacht

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFather View Post
    I do not use Windows Firewall. I don't need it. I have other security measures.

I have told Windows 10 to stop showing a Notification every single time I boot up my PC that is it is not turned on. Yes, every single time I boot up it pops up. So utterly annoying. I have all this stuff disabled, in multiple locations on my PC, and it STILL shows up and refuses to go away.

Anyone know a way to permanently get rid of this? I have done all options I could find on the net, and it just keeps being persistent.
    Well obviously what ever security you have is not working very well. Any decent protection will disable the inbuilt windows antivirus & Firewall options completely.

An example just looked at mine in the settings and everything (including all options on the left) are inactive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Settings_Firewall.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	10202

If you disable the notifications totally that should stop the pop ups, to do that type Notifications in search, open , then simply turn them off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Notifications.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	10203

Only ones I get ( and all my customers as well) are pop ups from the other antivirus (nod32) in the event that it detects something wrong, this is because Eset has taken over from the inbuilt windows as its meant to
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Enterprise IT Consultant chiefnz's Avatar

Agree with Wai, I had something similar happen a few weeks back. In the end all I did was re-install the 3rd Party AV/Firewall and all the "Windows" stuff was automatically disabled.

Might want to try an uninstall and then re-install of whatever you're using or as Wai suggested opt for a "better" product.

Asus PRIME Z370-P
    Core i7-8700K @ 5.0GHz (XMP)
    Corsair Hydro H100x
    16GB Klevv BOLT X Gaming 3200MHz DDR4
    Intel 660P 512GB M.2 NVMe
    Crucial P1 1TB M.2 NVMe
    Seagate Barracuda 4TB SATA
    GTX 1660 SUPER OC
    Corsair Crystal 460X
    Corsair TX650M

Quote Originally Posted by gary67 View Post
    Bill hasn't actually bought that yacht
    Software problem ehh, rofl.

Probably hasn't paid off Nigeria's o/s debt either.

My Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, and Security Center are completely disabled. I have gone through all the Notification options for those and they are off as well. But, I still keep getting that one pop up.

In fact, when I right click the pop up, the two options "Go to Notification Settings" and "Turn off Notifications for Windows Security" are greyed out/unclickable, because I already have it disabled. So, it doesn't make any sense that it is still popping up.

I use NOD32 as my protection.
    Last edited by DarkFather; 22-02-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 SDRAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 960 w/ ACX 2.0 Cooling, ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard, AMD FX 8350 Black CPU, Samsung 860 QVD 1tb SSD, Samsung 55" 4K UHD UN55MU9000 as monitor

Nod32 Antivirus on its own does not have a firewall.

You need Eset Smart Security or ESET Internet Security. ( the one in my 1st Pic is more advanced again)

When you say the firewall settings are greyed out, are they in the on or off position.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.