Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Windows Firewall Notification will NOT disable

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnz View Post

The basic principles apply if you want a stable experience...
    ...no.1 : is to stop fiddling with the thing, and not load it up with crapware (I'll include major PC brands in that last one)

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Imagine if you had to know the Tappet Settings, EFI Settings, Catalytic Converter state, etc. etc. just to be able to drive your car.
    And then you get someone who wants to know how to turn off the airbag & ABS brake warning lights , thats what we have here

As I said in post #25:

I'm actually going to try and replicate the problem tomorrow, as I got some spare time while waiting for components.Bound to be a simple solution.
    Well after loading up a completely fresh Image of W10 off my server ( a whole 10 minutes while I made a cuppa) heres the guff. Windows 10 1909 ( 1836.657)

Installed a basic Copy of Nod32, let it update.

Turned off the windows firewall and rebooted. Yes got the notification, turned off notifications, and still got it - so replicated the problem. Then looking back at post #1 & 11 its stated that all notifications have been turned off.

Well check this one out because its actually what DID turn off the notification.

1 Open The Settings, up top type Firewall.
    2 Click on Firewall and Network Protection ( everything should have X's next to it)
    3 Scroll down the page, (in blue writing) locate and click Firewall Notifications Settings.
    4 Under Notifications - Manage notifications - set Firewall & Network Protection to OFF.

The notifications then disappeared and never came back even after 2 shutdowns and 2 reboots ( so 4 in total).

IF you are still being notified then your system is damaged somehow and as 1101 pointed out previous software may have "Broken" something.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    And then you get someone who wants to know how to turn off the airbag & ABS brake warning lights , thats what we have here
    Well if it’s their car I don’t have a problem with them turning off anything they like as long as it still meets WOF standards.

By coincidence, my daughter was over from Australia last week and was driving a 2019 Toyota Corolla Rental and complained it wouldn’t shut up and she couldn’t find a way to shut it up. Of all the family she’s the one I prefer to drive with and she can even back a trailer.

However, this car apparently belched out a continuous chain of instructions which displeased her.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

I do know my software, I built my PC from scratch by hand and moded the OS myself. Iv'e been building my own PC and knowing my software for many years.

No, an option to turn it off was not missed. I checked everything, multiple times. Everything is checked as to be off and not have any notification. And not just in the many Settings but also in Computer Management.

Yes, I already tried the suggestions (pretty much all of them I had already done) and it still persists. I gave up. Clearly MS doesn't like my preference and I will just have to click off the infernal notification every time I boot my PC up.

Btw, this issue started a few Windows Updates ago, months ago. Its a windows update that started the problem. No way to know which one it was since it was a few months ago now.
    Last edited by DarkFather; 14-03-2020 at 03:20 AM.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 SDRAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 960 w/ ACX 2.0 Cooling, ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard, AMD FX 8350 Black CPU, Samsung 860 QVD 1tb SSD, Samsung 55" 4K UHD UN55MU9000 as monitor

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFather View Post
    I do know my software, I built my PC from scratch by hand and moded the OS myself. Iv'e been building my own PC and knowing my software for many years.

No, an option to turn it off was not missed. I checked everything, multiple times. Everything is checked as to be off and not have any notification. And not just in the many Settings but also in Computer Management.
    If this is the case then the only thing is you may have caused the problem yourself, your own admission that you have "moded the OS" yourself could suggest that some sort of mod has changed the working settings. If you know your software - why is it doing it ????

Those sorts of comments from customers I Love Some say " I know all about computers" I'm very tempted to say " so why are you calling me or someone else then ? " NOBODY knows everything.

I deal with hundreds of computers and none have shown the symptoms you describe, once the notifications are turned off they are off. Even when there is no third party protection installed the notifications don't appear (once turned off like everyone has advised).

Back in post #9 you reported "I use NOD32 as my protection." and as I posted Nod32 does not contain a firewall. You need Eset Smart Security or ESET Internet Security. Nod32 should disable the Antivirus notifications / Actions, it wont disable Firewall.

Last possible suggestion: Downloaded a trial Version of ESET Internet Security, uninstall Nod32, and install the trial of Eset Internet Security. After rebooting the inbuilt Firewall and notifications should be turned off. https://www.eset.com/int/home/intern...rity/download/

IF you are still getting the notifications then your system is damaged somewhere, maybe by your modifications, and if thats the case you will be on your own as no one knows what " Mods" have been done apart from yourself.

The trial will only be good for 30 days. The Nod32 Licence wont activate Internet Security but the Internet Security would activate the lesser Nod32.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 14-03-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Just adding to above: Since you have tried all settings this shouldn't work. BUT on a healthy system Windows 10 latest version with all updates till today ( Sat 14th March) it works perfectly ( just tried it). Either by settings (already suggested) or command prompt.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN

Note: If you use the Command prompt it will say its outdated but still works.
    Last edited by wainuitech; 14-03-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post

Those sorts of comments from customers I Love Some say " I know all about computers" I'm very tempted to say " so why are you calling me or someone else then ? " NOBODY knows everything.

I just looooove customers telling me "I used to work in IT 15 years ago, so I know all about ......" Turns out they worked in sales or something.
    This comment p8ssed me off , before I even started the job " I use to work in It 15 years ago, Techs who recommend wiping PC's are just lazy" . Yep, so spend 5 hours trying to fix a completely trashed Win on quite old pc's and still have issues, or 1-2hours to wipe & reload .

Could just be a weird bug , it happens . A clean reload will fix it , with the very min software & no mods at first. Sometimes thats the quickest fix (its not being lazy, if you cant find a fix in a reasonable time).