Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Windows Firewall Notification will NOT disable

Again, I have Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Security Center turned off. The "off position" is off man. Yet, I still get the Notification about Firewall being off when I already turned THOSE notifications off as well. All this stuff is completely off/disabled....but I am still being Notified about it BEING off. I know it's off, I turned it off. SO why am I being Notified about it every single time I boot up my PC? I want it gone.

I have explained this already.
    Last edited by DarkFather; 23-02-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit, CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 SDRAM, EVGA GeForce GTX 960 w/ ACX 2.0 Cooling, ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z Motherboard, AMD FX 8350 Black CPU, Samsung 860 QVD 1tb SSD, Samsung 55" 4K UHD UN55MU9000 as monitor

Old guy

Re read the advice given above and acually try the suggestions given. Then report back the results with a screen shot of any messages still popping up. Getting grumpy never helps. The other option is to purchase a new PC.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    The other option is to purchase a new PC.
    What?
    How on earth would that help?
    He'd be right back at square one, with the same issue, all of his own stuff to install, out of pocket as well.
    Try this:

https://winaero.com/blog/disable-sec...ns-windows-10/

And I as I am not convinced it will work I would suggest using oosu10
    https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

Best thing I found for regaining control back.
    Ex-pctek

Old guy

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    What?
    How on earth would that help?
    He'd be right back at square one, with the same issue, all of his own stuff to install, out of pocket as well.
    The new PC bit was tongue in cheek Piroska Seriously if people ignore useful advice there is not much point in giving it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFather View Post
    Again, I have Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Security Center turned off. The "off position" is off man. Yet, I still get the Notification about Firewall being off when I already turned THOSE notifications off as well. All this stuff is completely off/disabled....but I am still being Notified about it BEING off. I know it's off, I turned it off. SO why am I being Notified about it every single time I boot up my PC? I want it gone.

I have explained this already.
    The reason for asking is simple, do you know how many people don't give all the information, then its not till actually asked they go oh yeah forgot that, or more often than not something is not selected (on or off) Do you know how many times I've gone to peoples places after asking is {option} turned on /off, get there and its the exact opposite to what they have said

What I'm also referring to, is you have not said what version of Windows 10 ?? Some of the settings for example that work on an earlier version wont work on the newest. so really its only guess work.

Well as I have also mentioned, Nod32 on its own doesn't have a firewall, so by disabling the inbuilt means that you dont have one at all, you need the more upmarket versions of Eset for that.

You could always try:

Open Control Panel

Click on System and Security

Click Security and Maintenance

Open the Security drop down

Click: "Turn off messages about network firewall"
    FYI, not going to uninstall my software just to sort out others problems on a forum.

In Bold ( in Quote) its obviously turned on somewhere.
    edited: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html
    Last edited by wainuitech; 24-02-2020 at 03:26 PM.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFather View Post
    . SO why am I being Notified about it every single time I boot up my PC? I want it gone.
    Its Windows10 . What you want is irrelevant
    I jest , but its true .

Whatever you do to solve it can be reversed in the next WinUpdate
    You'll need to google to find a fix that works on your setup

Try this (found via google)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Wind ows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications]
    "NoToastApplicationNotification"=dword:0000000 1
    "NoToastApplicationNotificationOnLockScreen"=dword :00000001

or (found via google)
    Disable Security and Maintenance Notifications
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Not ifications\Settings\Windows.SystemToast.SecurityAn dMaintenance\Enabled = 0 (DWORD)

edit , that last reg key is getting scrambled by the forum, look here
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/arc...-notifications
    Last edited by 1101; 24-02-2020 at 03:57 PM.

The problem you are faced with DarkFather is that when you installed Windows 10 you gave your computer to Microsoft to do what they liked with.

I had the same problem years ago when Win 10 was launched and “services” I killed were back in two or three weeks. I guess my computer “called home” complaining some of its services had been turned off so an indignant Microsoft turned them back on.

The only way around it that I could find was to get the machine how I wanted it and then kill the Internet so it couldn’t call home.

Of course that took out my internet so I got another HDD and installed Linux Mint 18.0 Cinnamon on it and haven’t looked back. Mint comes with Libre Office which can read Win Office files and can see all the files on the Windows Disk if I need them and the Internet works fine from the Mint HDD.

If you get a bit of spare time give it a try and see what you think, you can’t do any harm as long as you use a separate HDD for your Mint installation.

Good Luck.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    The problem you are faced with DarkFather is that when you installed Windows 10 you gave your computer to Microsoft to do what they liked with.

No The problem is people don't know their software.

Lets see - the last time I got a notification from Windows or any other program that's installed --- Errrr at least errrrrrr to long ago to remember but its measured in years not days or weeks. Theres only two that are allowed, 1. Eset 2. Internet Download Manager.

Same with any settings , they are all there - again comes back to knowing the software.

Same with problems, as 1101 posted some solutions found in google, so when someone says they have searched everywhere, thats BS !
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

My guess is Windows is actually right & there is no firewall , or a 3rd party (or old) firewall that isnt 100% on Win10 .
    Could be his NOD32 doesnt have firewall .

So MS were right in making that notification so hard to turn off . Those who cant find a way to disable the notifcation are those who possibly screw up firewall settings
    Also, sometimes uninstalling some 3rd party firewall/security suites can leave the Win firewall in a broken state (thats broken, not disabled , cough cough McAfee some years back )

The easy(best) fix is to turn the Win firewall on

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    No The problem is people don't know their software.
    But an awful lot of people aren’t the slightest bit interested in becoming Geeks.

All they want to do is use the computer, not fix it all the time.

Imagine if you had to know the Tappet Settings, EFI Settings, Catalytic Converter state, etc. etc. just to be able to drive your car.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.