Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Butane gas bottles

Quote Originally Posted by kenj View Post
    I've got a copper Thermette.......

Ken
    Ken, those things were bl**dy fantastic, where we picnicked there was never a shortage of dry grass and sticks to keep it going, very good tea brew with the hot water from it.

Won't go into the billy made tea!!.

lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
    Ken, those things were bl**dy fantastic, where we picnicked there was never a shortage of dry grass and sticks to keep it going, very good tea brew with the hot water from it.

Won't go into the billy made tea!!.

lurking.
    Oh yes, I have fond memories of going to the Waikato to visit relations in the 50's and Dad brewing up beside the Waikato River just past Te Kauwhata. Hot sweet tea and Mum's corned beef sandwiches..... Yum

Ken
    Corgi Ben Kenobi.......Related by Corgi to the Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Lurking View Post
    zpwerty, I was born and lived in Hawkes Bay for 30 years, it was known for earthquakes, especially the Napier one.

Been trying to find info from Papers Past about the Napier one, especially the suppliers' of food supplies to the people under canvas at several locations.

Grandfather and father owned a bakery and we were told they supplied bread, etc to the displaced folk.

lurking.
    My father was in it whilst building Transmission Lines for probably the NZED back then.

He told me of a woman running toward him and his gang carrying a baby and screaming.

The ground just opened up and closed up and they were gone.

Wasn’t a thing they could do.

I think it bothered him to the day he died.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

VoidMaster

I have written this before, when one is in a war-zone you can tell where the damage has been done by the shell and bomb holes but with earthquakes the damage can be anywhere and everywhere, and it goes on with time, I was taking the dog for a drive down Centaurus Road in Chch today which I haven't done for a while and came round a corner which I always liked the view of a cafe and a lovely church on the corner, the church is completely gone, demolished, and this has happened is still happening around the city. Buildings which are major and minor landmarks just disappearing randomly.

Houses are still being torn down and replaced as the last hangers-on for the insurance payouts finally get their money after ten years of wrangling and hassling with the rip-off insurance companies.

I wasn't meaning you Lurking, my remark was more general.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

VoidMaster

Lurking, also forgot to post that Mum and I did exactly the same thing as you described.

When we realized the power was down and likely to be out for a few days I went out and bought one of those butane burners together with extra gas in aerosol cans from Mitre 10. Since your post I have found the unused cans in the garden shed still in good condition after 10 years.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche