Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Tablet to printer

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Her printer isnt officially supported by that app
    http://www.printershare.com/help-mob...ne&group=Ricoh

Its not listed as compatible with Ricoh's own Android app either
    https://www.ricoh.com/software/printandscan

Some printers dont have any official support for printing from Android.
    Just how old is this printer ?
    In the 2nd link provided In the IMPORTANT : it says to use the RICOH Smart Device Connector, ( which is what I mentioned earlier Looking at the list of Models supported, should work with the MP370 as its listed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supported_Models.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	10198

Once again though as its been said several times it HAS to connect Via the LAN / Router, not directly to the printer.
    Update / Upgrades = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wainuitech View Post
    In the 2nd link provided In the IMPORTANT : it says to use the RICOH Smart Device Connector, ( which is what I mentioned earlier Looking at the list of Models supported, should work with the MP370 as its listed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supported_Models.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	10198

Once again though as its been said several times it HAS to connect Via the LAN / Router, not directly to the printer.
    Ah, that says 307, not 370.
    I could be wrong, I didnt speed alot of time looking
    :-)

who knows, that app may just work regardless .

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    Ah, that says 307, not 370.
    I could be wrong, I didnt speed alot of time looking
    :-)

who knows, that app may just work regardless .
    Heres what Beetle posted, 307 as per the screen shot. That post this morning was done in a hurry, so my bad for saying 370 BUT the Screen shot was right one

Its a Multifunction printer that has all bells and whistles, prints, copies, scans etc.
    Ricoh MP C307 I believe is model.

Somewhere ......... near here....sometimes...near there too.......

So.............. I didnt get round to watching the video for many reasons, mostly lack of time....LOL

But Yesterday co workers all complained that there tablets / Ipads were unable to print........
    They came to me and asked what had I fiddled with on the printer.......... I was like ....not me I didnt touch the printer, or anything to do with internet or wifi etc.
    So the consesous was when the Ricoh person comes in to change the toner on the printer we would get it looked at.
    And yesterday afternoon we had a power outage, not sure how much of town was out. but our centre lost power for about 15 mins.
    everything restarted, and what i was working on via Storypark was saved due to power back on.

Today work mate said she rebooted her Ipad, and another coworker who had been away was printing stuff.
    So I thought I will restart my tablet as I did last week, and lo and behold I can print, it picks up the printer and I can print just like that.

Our boss believes it was internet issues - we have been having major net issues for months, and a power outage meant everything had a cold start basically and its all working just fine now ?

So touch wood.................. It keeps working like this.

But thanks for all the help.

Im just thankful it now works and I didnt have to fiddle with things i shouldnt
    Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.

Many people joke about it
    we have been having major net issues for months, and a power outage meant everything had a cold start basically and its all working just fine now ?
    You kind of forgot to mention the problems with internet previously, if you had one of the first suggestions ( from I suspect several helping) would have been restart the router = Fixed

Often a restart or shutdown / start up can fix lots of questionable problems.

The number of people I've had call (or gone into see) who all of a sudden have printing problems, its not till you look or ask, then discover they don't turn off or reboot their computers for weeks or months on end, reboot and everything works fine.

BTW the comment
    and I didnt have to fiddle with things i shouldnt
    You wouldn't have to touch anything on the Printer or Router/Wireless.

As I didnt have a tablet earlier than last week I was unaware of the issues with the internet because I had no devive connected to it. And I only became aware when my boss said something this week.
    I know that the computers get shut down at work regularly, but no idea about the modem or printer.
    Still in the fuzzy learning mode at work.
    I have used the work laptop rarely at work so not had much time on any pc / laptop / tablet to realize issues, as I have always just done my work at home up till I got the tablet.
    was surprised I hadnt thought of this earlier as often its my go to when something doesnt work how it should at home.
    So sorry for the missing link on that, I didnt no either, so it definitly was the blind leading the blind.

was surprised I hadnt thought of this earlier as often its my go to when something doesnt work how it should at home.
    Not really a worry, and no need to say sorry for not mentioning it earlier. ( only pointing it out) Better to have info not needed than go around in circles

Often what happens is When at home YOU are the person needed to fix something, but when at work ( and not in charge of IT problems) , usually the someone who "knows it all" (read as fiddles and hope it works with no idea as to how when it does /doesn't) or IT people whose job it is to "sort it out".

Sometimes the smallest thing can actually be the cause of what looks like a really big problem.

Classic example of that was on a job, one section of the office couldn't print to one of the 4 printers. What they didn't say on the phone was they were having renovations done and when arriving all the Know all's in the server room looking scratching their heads, everything did look as if it were working ( all switches, router flashing away quite happy). After doing a diagnostic properly discovered the builders had found a Cat5 cable, didn't know where it went so cut it - no one screamed so they thought it wasn't needed --Dhurrrrr

And so on friday last week I cannot print. Says printer not available now. But sees correct printer.

��

Old guy

Have you tried rebooting your devices.? It appears that fixed it for you last time.

Wainui, this raises the old discussion about whether we should turn everything off daily, or just leave it idling. I am not aware of this ever having been resolved, but it seems to me that electronics should work best if kept at least warm, rather than suffer cold to hot transitions every time we turn them on. What do you think?