Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: For your Enlightment.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveM View Post
    This climate change propaganda has become boring, on both sides of the argument. Each side has perfectly intelligent people who are convinced, as far as I can tell, that they know it all and ignore any facts that do not suit their world view. Real climate scientists are not so black and white on the subject. One of the few advantages of having been around for a bit longer than most is that I have seen it all before and therefore do not automatically believe whatever the latest popular thing is purely because the media pushes it.
    You know, I'm inclined to agree. The argument has run its course here.

In the real world, there is no argument, but let's just leave it at that.

VoidMaster

Default Re: For your Enlightment.

CliveM - 'I have seen it all before', in many cases yes, but in this case of Global Warming or whatever it is called, has been called in the past;

It's the same problem as the one you ignored before/last time/s when there might have been a chance to do something, but the problem has now progressed to the point, through lack of meaningful action, that it's now too late to remedy.
    Last edited by zqwerty; 26-02-2020 at 09:24 AM.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche