Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: For your Enlightment.

As an occasional participant in this forum with a particular interest in the global warming/climate change discussions, I am used to the emissions of nonsense generated by B.M. at frequent intervals. I don't begrudge him his fun, but from time to time they do irritate a bit. However I have noticed something else going on. B.M. often originates a climate-related thread with a piece of nonsensical burbling and what can happen is that someone will respond with an argument that is relevant and useful, for example the responses of zqwerty and Bozo above. The net result is that the thread can actually advance understanding of the climate change issue.

This suggests an interesting question. B.M., are you really a plant by climate-change activists, with the task of raising consciousness of the implications of climate change by provoking responses to deliberately meaningless arguments? If so, you appear to be doing a pretty good job. Keep it up! Some people seem to be taken in by what you put out, but that can't be helped.

Nah he's just a doddery old fool with his head in the sand, anyone of any sense ignores or even blocks his posts as of being totally irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Jayess64 View Post
    As an occasional participant in this forum with a particular interest in the global warming/climate change discussions, I am used to the emissions of nonsense generated by B.M. at frequent intervals. I don't begrudge him his fun, but from time to time they do irritate a bit. However I have noticed something else going on. B.M. often originates a climate-related thread with a piece of nonsensical burbling and what can happen is that someone will respond with an argument that is relevant and useful, for example the responses of zqwerty and Bozo above. The net result is that the thread can actually advance understanding of the climate change issue.

This suggests an interesting question. B.M., are you really a plant by climate-change activists, with the task of raising consciousness of the implications of climate change by provoking responses to deliberately meaningless arguments? If so, you appear to be doing a pretty good job. Keep it up! Some people seem to be taken in by what you put out, but that can't be helped.
    My goodness Jayess64 you have a wonderful imagination.

Let me try and help you out.

Firstly, if you would like to define the “nonsensical burbling” you refer to I am quite happy to debate the issue with you.

Secondly, as for being a climate-change activist you couldn’t be further off the mark.

I’m most certainly what you people like to call a “Denier” and firmly believe that the whole matter is Religious Doctrine in keeping with about 4000 other religions along with their branches.

Regretfully, your Religion is all based on Pseudo Science which was exposed by “Climategate”.

HERE is something that may interest you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stolen Childhood.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	10207
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Sure they explain the dips on spikes, but the overall trend is literally getting warmer - not sure what that graph is supposed to prove for you?

Also just because some people have it worse than others, doesn't mean the people better off are not allowed to complain also.

Chances are those other kids (which btw, nice 'propaganda' style facebook meme) don't know any better and if they did do you think they might also want to have a whinge?

Using this logic, if your pay was suddenly cut 75% you couldn't complain or be angry at anyone, cos there are others in the world making even less than you, so harden up sweet cheeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Thats a good idea,and everybody should be whipped if they disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    We like to live on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    Sure they explain the dips on spikes, but the overall trend is literally getting warmer - not sure what that graph is supposed to prove for you?

Also just because some people have it worse than others, doesn't mean the people better off are not allowed to complain also.

Chances are those other kids (which btw, nice 'propaganda' style facebook meme) don't know any better and if they did do you think they might also want to have a whinge?

Using this logic, if your pay was suddenly cut 75% you couldn't complain or be angry at anyone, cos there are others in the world making even less than you, so harden up sweet cheeks.
    I don't think I shall waste Powder & Shot on a Insane Bozo located inside a Binary. See own Avatar.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    My goodness Jayess64 you have a wonderful imagination.

Let me try and help you out.

Firstly, if you would like to define the “nonsensical burbling” you refer to I am quite happy to debate the issue with you.

Secondly, as for being a climate-change activist you couldn’t be further off the mark.

I’m most certainly what you people like to call a “Denier” and firmly believe that the whole matter is Religious Doctrine in keeping with about 4000 other religions along with their branches.

Regretfully, your Religion is all based on Pseudo Science which was exposed by “Climategate”.

Fair enough, you have stated your position clearly and unequivocally, and I must withdraw the suggestion that you might be a climate-activist mole, Also, the description "Denier" cannot be used as a term of abuse against you since you have taken the title as your own.

As far as "nonsensical burbling" is concerned, that may be a little harsh (I get that way sometimes), but I offer as an example your original post in this thread. Australia is known for its bushfires, but you cannot use an example from the past to lessen the significance of recent events, and the interesting graph posted by Bozo makes nonsense of your attempt to do so. In addition, there have been serious fires recently in California, Spain and, for Pete's sake Siberia! It's supposed to be winter there.

It appears that your attitude towards global warming/climate change stems from the events of "Climategate". From the present perspective "Climategate" was a hilarious fiasco, where email conversations between scientists were stolen and published by people who had no idea how to read them - and had strong motives to misrepresent them. If this is the source of your beliefs, the your beliefs have the hallmark of religious zealotry. Rather ironic in view of your insistence that climate change is a religious doctrine.

As for the link to the graph on John Maunders blog, well, you gotta graph and I gotta graph: http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...re-data-point/

Christy and Spencer have been closely looked at on realclimate.org and found wanting. Not for me to say more.

Old guy

This climate change propaganda has become boring, on both sides of the argument. Each side has perfectly intelligent people who are convinced, as far as I can tell, that they know it all and ignore any facts that do not suit their world view. Real climate scientists are not so black and white on the subject. One of the few advantages of having been around for a bit longer than most is that I have seen it all before and therefore do not automatically believe whatever the latest popular thing is purely because the media pushes it.

Older by the minute

I'm with CliveM on this. Let's hope that Earth's elliptical orbit doesn't get too much closer to the Sun!

Greta Thunberg's mother has opened up about her daughter's autism
    diagnosis and how activism helped the 17-year-old overcome a crippling
    eating disorder.

Her mother, Malena Ernman, described her then 11-year-old daughter as
    almost mute before she was diagnosed with autism in her pre-teen years.

"She stopped playing the piano. She stopped laughing. She stopped
    talking. And she stopped eating."

Thunberg would barely speak and ate even less, refusing everything but
    tiny portions of rice, avocado and gnocchi as she fell into an illness
    her parents struggled to identify.

In just two months she dropped a terrifying 10kg and was almost admitted
    to hospital.

Meanwhile, at school, she was being mercilessly bullied
    Psychiatrists later diagnosed Thunberg with autism, Ernman describing
    her daughter as "high functioning" and having Asperger Syndrome, as well
    as obsessive compulsive disorder.

After seeing a film at school about the rubbish littering the planet's
    oceans, Thunberg became gripped by the issue and began down a path that
    would see her organise her first school strike in 2018.

It was there that her parents saw something incredible; a Greenpeace
    activist offered their daughter a meal of Thai noodles

"She takes a little bite. And another," Ernman wrote of the moment.

" Greta keeps eating. Not just a few bites but almost the whole serving."

It marked a change in Thunberg's life — eating disorder included.
    Ex-pctek

Old guy

And Greta's Parents and assorted hangers on are making millions out of her!