Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: For your Enlightment.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Well if loss of 5 Towns and 71 loosing their lives in the 1939 Bush Fires is of little consequence, then logically, the loss of no Towns and only 25 lost lives in the recent Bush Fires shouldn’t have been reported.

Then we have this:

Attachment 10173

What I want to know is if the Climate Activists are right, and the recent fires emitted 900 Million Tons of Co2 into the atmosphere, then how many Lime Scooters and Electric Bikes will we need to offset this?

"Emissions from fossil fuel and industry (FF&I) are expected to reach 36.81bn tonnes of CO2 (GtCO2) in 2019"
    900M , pfft, a drop in the bucket :-)

"China is the world’s largest contributing country to CO2 emissions—a trend that has steadily risen over the years—now producing 9.8 billion metric tons of C02 "
    So , unless we stop buying ANYTHING produced in Ch, India & the US , nothing will change.

Yes we can all rant rant about climate change,
    then these same people go to the shops & buy the cheap TV's, shoes, cars, phones , all made in Ch via coal burning power stations .

Quote Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
    "Emissions from fossil fuel and industry (FF&I) are expected to reach 36.81bn tonnes of CO2 (GtCO2) in 2019"
    900M , pfft, a drop in the bucket :-)

"China is the world’s largest contributing country to CO2 emissions—a trend that has steadily risen over the years—now producing 9.8 billion metric tons of C02 "
    So , unless we stop buying ANYTHING produced in Ch, India & the US , nothing will change.

Yes we can all rant rant about climate change,
    then these same people go to the shops & buy the cheap TV's, shoes, cars, phones , all made in Ch via coal burning power stations .
    What I want to know now is who weighed these Millions of Tons of Co2 and were their scales certified by the Inspector of Weights & Measures?

I suppose the Scales had a Margin of Error of 100% in keeping with about everything else.
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Mistake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8q066swtsb941.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	10174  
    Last edited by Bozo; 04-02-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Thats a good idea,and everybody should be whipped if they disagree.
    We like to live on the edge.

Misquoted some stuff in the original post and now lost my edit time back.

Anyway it might be worth keeping in mind, that the firefighting resources and capabilities are significantly better than they were 81 years ago...

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-unprecedented

Pretty decent read there, The Gaurdian is relatively un-biased in comparison to other news sources out there.

What I want to know now is who weighed these Millions of Tons of Co2 and were their scales certified by the Inspector of Weights & Measures?

I suppose the Scales had a Margin of Error of 100% in keeping with about everything else.
    You cant be implying that many of these figures and measurements are totally just made up, guesswork.
    That would imply the zealots are willing to bent the facts to suit, and would imply that many closed societies (dictatorships ) arnt going to be releasing real facts and data that make them look bad.

Anyway , I checked it but putting a ruler on the computer screen & measuring, looked pretty close to me.
    Where all going to die in 5 years years from melting and then drowning from rising sea levels so why worry now.
    "irreversible" , you read it heart first

Noahs Ark people, Its in the bible. Not too late to start building one .

VoidMaster

It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    The Gaurdian is relatively un-biased in comparison to other news sources out there.
    Now you are kidding. The Guardian is every bit as bent as any of the other Media outlets.

In fact, they even chastised Google for allowing “Denier’s” to plead their case.

And if that isn’t bad enough, they PLEDGE they will use their Newspaper to promote the hysteria over Climate Change.

It seems the foundation of journalism of “without fear or favour” is well and truly gone.

Here are a few screen-shots from The Guardians own website.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guardian .jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	10175

Name:	Guardian Pledge.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	10176

Name:	Guardian Pledge2.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	10177

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Ahhh yes, the end of the world is nigh, but I don’t mind hanging around to witness it.
    We needed fret too much about cars and factories:

https://cosmosmagazine.com/palaeonto...ve-extinctions

More things can happen......
    Ex-pctek

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    We needed fret too much about cars and factories:

https://cosmosmagazine.com/palaeonto...ve-extinctions

More things can happen......
    Ahhh yes, I clearly remember the End Ordovician, 444 million years ago. I'm still looking for the bastard that spiked my drinks!

Now you are kidding. The Guardian is every bit as bent as any of the other Media outlets.
    I was more meaning from a political point of view (and yes, you could of course argue that climate change is political) but they tend to do a pretty good job of not favouring the left/right more than the others and a lot of their articles are well backed by sources.

Sure they are pushing a climate change agenda, but if you actually took the time to read some of them you would note that they are all backed by actual scientists, studies, and data.

They don't spout knee-jerk nonsense like, "81 years ago Australia had a big bush fire, this proves climate change is all wrong!".
    When if they actually looked at the data, it clearly shows that Australian bush fires have been getting worse despite improvements in the ways the fires are fought and the technology they have to fight them.

Go on, give it a read, if you are as clever as you say you are () I'm sure you are open to reading both sides of every story to better understand the topic matter from both points of view.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-unprecedented