Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up For your Enlightment.

13th JANUARY, 81 YEARS AGO WAS KNOWN AS ‘BLACK FRIDAY’ – AUSTRALIA – today it has a different and dangerous name......

https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop...imingPixel.png

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aus Bush Fires.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	10172

On this day, Eighty-one years ago (13th January 1939) with temperatures above 110°F (45°C) across Victoria and the state in drought, bushfires consumed 3,700 buildings across the state, 71 lives were lost and 5 towns completely destroyed- never to be rebuilt.

The Royal Commission into ‘’Black Friday’’ concluded;

“There had been no fires to equal these in destructiveness or intensity in the history of settlement in this State, except perhaps the fires of 1851, which, too, came at summer culmination of a long drought”.

‘’At midday, in many places, it was dark as night. Men carrying hurricane lamps, worked to make safe their families and belongings Travellers on the highways were trapped by fires or blazing fallen trees, and perished. Throughout the land there was daytime darkness’.’

“The speed of the fires was appalling. They leaped from mountain peak to mountain peak, or far out into the lower country, lighting the forests 6 or 7 miles in advance of the main fires. Blown by a wind of great force, they roared as they travelled. Balls of crackling fire sped at a great pace in advance of the fires, consuming with a roaring, explosive noise, all that they touched.‘’

‘’On that day it appeared that the whole State was alight.”

NB : Every child in every Australian school should be taught about the events of ‘Black Friday’ 1939 to give them an understanding and appreciation of the extreme danger of the Australian bush. However keeping them ignorant of Australia’s bushfire history makes it far easier to radicalise them and recruit them into the Climate Cult.

As Orwell noted;

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”

And yet today we are being told by our leaders that this is the NEW NORMAL??? Oh, no, this time is DIFFERENT ---- now we are being brainwashed into believing the GOSPEL of the NEW religion of CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it – only this time it has a new and dangerous name, and a global religion behind it. The altar has been built and our gullibility is about to be offered upon it!!
    Global Warming is Mann made.

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
    The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Default Re: For your Enlightment.

Weather != Climate.
    Lay me down the long white line
    Leave the sirens far behind me
    Paint my name in black and gold
    My heart my flame my heart my road

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    Eighty-one years ago (13th January 1939) with temperatures above 110°F (45°C) across Victoria and the state in drought, bushfires consumed 3,700 buildings across the state, 71 lives were lost and 5 towns completely destroyed- never to be rebuilt.
    oooh...5 whole towns! 71 lives!

OMG.

The history of Aussie has been one of fire. And if you think it is not hotter these days, you are mistaken. Napier had 37.4 today. There is a drought in Northland and North Auckland. An awful lot of places round NZ on more serious water restrictions.

The cause of it may be debatable but it is hotter than usual.'

Whatever you may think of human contributions, the planet has had warming and cooling periods. This is a warming one.
    We are not helping in that we are trashing the place - cutting down vast tracts of forest and jungle, concreting over, slaughtering species, killing off insects and so on.

We will become another footnote in the planets long history of species that have come and gone.
    Ex-pctek

VoidMaster

I don't think I've ever endured a hotter day in my entire life than today in Christchurch and I grew up in Central Africa.

Another hot day tomorrow. The temperature in my unit was above 32degC for most of the late morning and all the afternoon, it's still 26degC as I write this now at 21.05.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by piroska View Post
    oooh...5 whole towns! 71 lives!

OMG.
    Well if loss of 5 Towns and 71 loosing their lives in the 1939 Bush Fires is of little consequence, then logically, the loss of no Towns and only 25 lost lives in the recent Bush Fires shouldn’t have been reported.

Then we have this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild Fires.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	10173

What I want to know is if the Climate Activists are right, and the recent fires emitted 900 Million Tons of Co2 into the atmosphere, then how many Lime Scooters and Electric Bikes will we need to offset this?

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

VoidMaster

Yes it probably means that the Co2 caused by the fires is greatly adding to the already hugely increasing Co2 problem and we are probably already in the runaway stage of global warming.
    It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

Ahhh yes, the end of the world is nigh, but I don’t mind hanging around to witness it.

Quote Originally Posted by B.M. View Post
    What I want to know is if the Climate Activists are right, and the recent fires emitted 900 Million Tons of Co2 into the atmosphere, then how many Lime Scooters and Electric Bikes will we need to offset this?
    Better ask Greta

Quote Originally Posted by toyota View Post
    Better ask Greta
    I don’t think Greta would be much help.

She’s just a Mentally Ill child being USED by Morally Bankrupt Activists to further their own agenda.

Shameful!

Quote Originally Posted by zqwerty View Post
    ... and we are probably already in the runaway stage of global warming.
    OK , proof that its a runaway stage.
    Just more scaremongering.

If its in a runaway stage, then too late so we can just carry on as usual.
    :-)