Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    pcsourcepoint

Default Re: The elemental curiosity of attempting to force Te Reo on the populace ...

Wonder if maori is broadcasted to let foreigners know it is the official (supposedly) language in NZ. Many older school/senior generational kiwi's are more likely to reject it, - as evident in our forum. They see it as irrelevant and will likely denigrate it. Foreigners may not readily do so - since many speak more than two languages, and therefore more accommodating to maori (or other pacific related languages) . It has to be something else than it being useful as a global language, as many expect it to be. also french - I reckon they don't care about our country, they hardly ever seem to come here, and probably don't early learn our language

Many of our suburbs in Auckland are becoming India-nated, Asia-nated, Islander-nated and Afrikaner-nated. I seen it - many older kiwi's are disappearing - that might be more concern - since those languages might become more dominated. Female Councillor employee in Pakuranga/Manukau told me a certain race wanted name changes to their ethnicity culture names - for an area they have no right, or affiliation too. Told them no...
    Computer Tech Links (My Tutorials & Reviews)| Free MP3 Software Reviews (My Reviews)|I Student NZ (My Student Resoucre Tips)

Default Re: The elemental curiosity of attempting to force Te Reo on the populace ...

I don’t know they are spending so much money on a language that only a small percentage of the population speak.

Sounds ****ed up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kahawai chaser View Post
    Many of our suburbs in Auckland are becoming India-nated, Asia-nated, Islander-nated and Afrikaner-nated
    Which is where the problems will come from for maori. Regardless of any views on the language, these are races that don't give a flying F about political-correctness, or walking on eggshells around maori.
    They'll push back and larf when called 'racist'.

Old guy

It is mostly all about either making money, (teaching it etc) or being PC to get votes (Local & Central Government}. Whilst there are some genuine people who are interested in keeping the language Maori is about as much use in NZ as Welsh is in the UK.

yes CliveM
    Its all about being pc, woke and making money as a teacher, or a tourist guide, or lawyer and to get votes.
    We must push back where ever we can.
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?

Quote Originally Posted by allblack View Post
    Which is where the problems will come from for maori. Regardless of any views on the language, these are races that don't give a flying F about political-correctness, or walking on eggshells around maori.
    You think? Lived in one?
    At Ranui we were pretty diverse. The maori/samoan family on one side, the Indian on the other, him and his asian wife and kids on the side over from them, the tongans across the road, the chinese family next to them. We all got on.

No rudeness at all.

The ones who were the issue were behind in the HNZ zone. Well, 2 of them anyway, not all of them.
    Ex-pctek

Well how about this for Racism?

"A prohibited fire season has been declared for the Bay of Plenty Coast, Central Lakes, and Pumicelands.
    Principal Rural Fire Officer Steve Webb says all fire permits have been suspended in those areas.
    "A prohibited fire season means no fires are permitted as the fire danger is too high," Steve Webb says. "During a prohibited fire season only gas and charcoal barbeques can be used".
    "Hangi are still allowed, but we are asking people planning hangi to contact us first as conditions are becoming very dry and we may want to put additional protection in place."
    For Hangi advice contact Fire and Emergency on 07 858 7612"

HERE
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Get 500 people in your area to all ring and say you are thinking of having a hangi on Saturday night, could they please send round a fire engine... "Just in case "

Simple!

Ken

All my mates will treat the matter with the contempt it deserves.
    Global Warming is Mann made.
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

And Peter Williams on Magic Talk is still pushing a name change to Aoteororwer.

I just turn him off as soon as he comes on
    So what colour is your Adkaf?
    Have you joined Proud to Be Kiwi yet?